cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 20

Issues ordering FTTP, at capacity - Help please!

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help, or has had a similar experience.

We have just moved house, to a fairly remote property in Herefordshire.  A few months back, Fastershire announced that this property could now get FTTP, and this is one of the reasons we purchased this property (we are heavy data users, and I need to WFH).  As common, fast broadband was a high priority criteria for our purchase.

Anyway, cutting a VERY long story short.  We ordered 200mb/s FTTP the day we exchanged.  It was accepted with no issues.  The next day, I rang BT about something else to be told the order was rejected by OpenReach.  I've been and forth for over 3 weeks now, usually having to spend 1-2 hours a day on the phone, explaining my issue each time.  BT escalated it to OpenReach 3 times, each time suspecting OpenReaches records were incorrect, each time OpenReach rejected the escalation.

I was finally told last Friday that they are at capacity, hence my order keeps being rejected.  I don't seem to be able to get any more info, or enquire about if/when this can be resolved.  It's impossibe to speak to anyone, and I don't receive phone calls I'm promised.

Even today, I can go on and it says online (BT and OpenReach) that I can get FTTP.  I even tried placing a new order yesterday, and all went well, but when I rang again this morning, it was rejected by OpenReach, due to capacity issues.

Below are two screenshots which came from BT and OpenReach just today.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.  I've currently got an accepted order for this service, which BT seem unable to fulfil.

Regards

Darren

BTInfinity 2.jpgdslchecker 2.jpg

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 20

Re: Issues ordering FTTP, at capacity - Help please!

did you phone FTTP sales  08005874787

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 20

Hi

Yep, that's who I'm generally on the phone to each day.  They then put me through to fibre ordering team, then I hit a brick wall again.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 20

If it's at capacity, I don't think there's much you can do until whatever kit needs to be installed/upgraded to increase the capacity.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 20

all you can do is keep trying
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 20

Thanks yeah.  Although part of the problem is all the online ordering systems say it's available.  So I can't even keep checking online.  I'm not even sure if it's possible to be put on a waiting list or anything.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 20

I guess it all depends on what the exact reason is for the service not being able to be ordered.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 20

Thanks for the replies. I assume as I have an accepted order for this service then, they are not obliged to fulfil it? Wasn't sure if the accepts order formed some kind of contractual obligation with BT?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 20

I doubt it. The contract wouldn't begin until service is provided as far as I know. It works both ways though, you as a consumer, can cancel the order up until activation day.

You wouldn't be too happy if you ordered, then had a change of heart the next day and were then held accountable for x amount of months of charges.

There are many reasons why an order can't be fulfilled, which is why I suspect the contract doesn't start until service is live.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 20

Yeah fair point. Element of straw clutching on my part. Cheers.
0 Ratings