Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Garryevans
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Issues since bad weather Latency Type Changed

Hi,

I'm getting absolutely nowhere with 151, numerous calls transferred to different departments. Engineers called out on dates after being told that I wouldn't be available and that I'll be called back with a date that suits... no calls.

I live in Scotland in a ground floor flat that I'm rennovating, I have the very bare minimum in terms of internal wiring. I have the main line coming in from BT to the Master Socket, which has had a ASDL V1.0 splitter on it. Connects to a single telephone and the BT 3.0 Hub. I've tried changing the splitter for the standard faceplate with a micro filter but the problem persists.

After the bad weather the BT Broadband has been constantly disconnecting every 30 mins or so and the quality of he phone line has deteriorated. 

BT Ran a test and asked me to unplug the broadband which improved the phone line quality and vice versa when the phone is disconnected the Broadband becomes more stable (speed is reduced but I'll come to that later)

My broadband stats prior to the weather was connecting stable at 20.97mbs as I'm next door to the exchange with a very low line noise, like 4.4up/4.3down.

Is there anything I can do personally to fix this as it's been ongoing for a week and BT's telephone support is an absolute joke.

Thanks

Garry

Edit: Forgot to mention, my latency type has changed from Fast to Interleaved and my speed has dropped significantly

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Issues since bad weather Latency Type Changed

Hi Welcome to the community forums

Here is a basic guide to getting help from the community members done by CL Keith Please read through the link posted http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/speed/first_steps.html

once you have posted the information asked for then the community members can help you more

Thank You

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT presence here are the forum moderators

0 Ratings