For 30 years my husband and I have run our own business - for the last 15 years or so this has been from our home. For years we kept getting calls from BT insisting that our company name was something slightly different from our actual name and no amount of correction ever got this changed. We moved home in January 2013 and had a huge number of problems cancelling our old business lines and getting a new line and broadband installed at our new address. One of the problems revolved around BT's conviction that our business name was the other company's name. The only solution to this was to put the account into my husband's own name and we thought that this had solved the problem.
A couple of months later we noticed that we seemed to have two separate account numbers and that we were paying a lot more than we should have been by direct debit. It turned out that BT had managed to add an account on to ours that was not our account but was for the other company that they had kept insisting was us! Not only that but they had been taking money out of our bank account to pay this company's bills in addition to our own. BT were totally unhelpful in sorting this out and it was only due to some detective work on our part that we got the contact details for this other company and they got BT to take their account off ours. No apology whatsoever from BT.
Last week we recieved a bill for a new broadband account including a new hub with an account number that I did not recognise. I called BT Billing and was informed that we had ordered this new account and hub last September. This is rubbish as we already have broadband and a hub and had no need of a new one. I finally managed to speak to Sales and they confirmed that we had not ordered this and put me through to billing who said they would remove it. Yesterday we logged on to our account online to download the current bill and to check what calling features we have on our account. The ONLY products showing on the site were the disputed broadband and hub - everything else has gone! I then went through the calling features of the main BT site to see if I could see them that way and got the message that we don't have a BT line!
As a result of the incorrect bill arriving I also went back and checked all our bills for the past 5 quarters since we moved and realised that we had been overcharged more than £30 per quarter!
Can BT mess things up any more than this!! We are now concerned that as we "have no line" we will find ourselves being cut off. Please can someone tell me who I can speak to at the top of the food chain in BT who will actually resolve this situation?
The moderators of the forum have been informed of your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this post.
I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you have recently experienced with your BT service. If you have a residential line and broadband from BT we should be able to help you get this sorted. Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.
These issues relate to business accounts but there is no similar forum for businesses - even though we pay more money we are treated with even less care than residential customers and that is saying something!