cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

It's Hard Work Renewing a Contract

I have just been trying to renew my phone and broadband contract, but after three calls to the cancellation line it is still not sorted. After the first call, the confirmation email had reduced my Infinity 2 to Infinity 1 even thougfh that had never been discussed. The second call promised to correct that but actually left everything as it was. The third call also promised to correct it, but simply cancelled the original order without putting anything in its place.

Now that I was beginning to lose the will to live, I have raised a complaint, but whether that will achieve anything or not remains to be seen. My experience certainly suggests that either BT's systems are not quite up to the job, or the staff are inadequately trained, or both.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: It's Hard Work Renewing a Contract

Are you calling 0800 800 030, BT UK customer options?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Just by way of a quick update, BT have now reduced my Infinity package to Infinity 1 (even though that was never discussed) but failed to renew my Line Rental Saver (even though I gave them my credit card details for exactly that purpose). You have to wonder a little bit about competence levels. I think I will wait until my complaint has reached the top of the pile rather than complicate things further.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Keith,

Yes, that was the number I rang on each of the three occasions.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Just by way of further update, the complaint has not been dealt with yet. However, in the meantime BT have issued a bill charging me for Infinity 2 even though they have actually downgraded me to Infinity 1 (which I did not want) and have charged me twice for my Anytime Calls Add-on. It has to be said that the whole thing has been a complete shambles. If only someone would get a grip and sort it out once and for all.

0 Ratings