Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 91 of 100

Re: BT Hub 3 functionally inadequate

Go to solution

Been on the phone for well over an hour, spoke to 4 or 5 different people, keep getting given the run around... HH3 is a useless piece of junk. I would like to replace it with a Homehub 5...

Some of the problems I've been having with the HH3:

Wireless constantly drops out (this has got worse since the neighbours received a HH5)

Can only have one device connected to wireless at a time different channels makes no difference...

Gigabit port on the HH3 shows massive packet loss, connection drops etc (actually worse than the wireless), don't have this problem on the other 3 ethernet ports...

Video streaming only works sometimes (and always fails on the gigabit port).

The DNS issues I resolved myself by using google DNS (BTs is fine when it works, but that fails frequently as well).

Need to reboot/power cycle every few days

So what do the people on the phone do? Order me another HH3 despite me telling them I don't want it... Now they're saying they can't cancel that order until midnight, and I'll have to phone back tomorrow and go through the whole **bleep** rigmarole again.

I've been an Infinity customer for a good few years now and have never had a replacement for anything even when we moved house. We always pay our bill on time, I could name at least half a dozen people that have taken out BT Infinity packages on my recommendation. I don't want to switch to another ISP, but BTs customer service is atrocious.

I don't want to have to speak to half a dozen different people in a call center in India (I actually feel sorry for Vivian or whatever he said his name was, by the time I was speaking to him I was extremely frustrated at having to deal with the push a button phone robots and numerous 1st line support script readers). I don't want to speak to someone just for them to say they can't help me and I have to speak to someone else, then they give me the wrong sodding phone number; twice.

I literally just want this out of date, faulty piece of junk replaced with the new model that doesn't have all the KNOWN PROBLEMS this waste of plastic has.

TL/DR: HH3 is useless, and BT customer service is so useless I wish I hadn't agreed to renew my contract.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 92 of 100

Go to solution

Hi rollaphat1,

Thanks for posting. Sorry you've had such a bad experience. I'll be happy to get this sorted for you. Just drop me an email with your details. You'll get the 'contact us' link in my pofile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 93 of 100

Go to solution

Done.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 94 of 100

Go to solution

Had a phone call from a lovely lady who said she was from the forum team regarding this today. 2 minute chat on the phone, she's sorting it out for me. Should have the new hub within a few days.

Just like that. No hassle, no fuss...

That's MUCH better than yesterdays experience Smiley Very Happy

I think she said her name was Olga (hope that's right). She deserves a hug Heart

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 95 of 100

Go to solution

Well the good news is the wireless seems to be rocksteady now. Not noticed any drop outs on the wireless network at all.

The bad news is the HH5 is worse than the HH3 for randomly loosing connection and rebooting itself... Well I say randomly, it looks like it's every couple of days...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 96 of 100

Go to solution

how are things going with the new router rollaphat1? we have been having issues with our infinity from about the first week of installation 3-4 years ago and I am currently waiting on a call from the the resolutions team and seeing your post has made me wonder if our problems are down to the homehub3 router we have had from day 1

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 97 of 100

Re: It's Official BT HomeHub 3 is not fit for purpose!

Go to solution
What a load of rubbish the fault reporting centre is,called 4 times over 3weeks to say my HH3 was not working on wireless,I think Thay work off a tick sheet ,which should be changed to 1 listen to the customer first before going off on a tangent.I rang customer accounts after 3 weeks (again India) and said If my problem was sorted I would move to another BB supplier, again he test my BB(again did not listen to what I had proved).After half an hour he put me through to Tech Support (who listened to what I had proved),he agreed with me that my HH3 was faulty,Tech Support sent me a new HH,problem solved..As I was a GPO/BT engieer for 40 years and know how to prove a fault what has happened to the old GPO/BT Engineers logo GET IT RIGHT FIRST TIME?.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 98 of 100

Go to solution

Did they replace with a HH3 or the newer HH 5, having the same problem but not really havjng much help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 99 of 100
Moved:

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 100 of 100

Go to solution
Have same problems with Hub3. It need to reboot it daily for it to work properly. I have an Apple TV, used to subscribe to Netflix but no longer as couldn't watch anything without it shutting down after a few minutes. Have rang the helpline numerous times, they do something, what I am not sure, but don't resolve the problem. Yesterday when I spoke to them she suggested I BUY the hub 4 or 5. I am currently looking for one on EBay, but c'mon BT a this really is not good enough! I have been a BT Internet customer for 16 years but seriously considering switching to Virgin.
0 Ratings