cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 41 of 100

Re: It's Official BT HomeHub 3 is not fit for purpose!

Go to solution

we cant put the hub near tvs,radios,speakers microwaves,fridges,freezers,and now radiators ,i could tell them where it could go but i would get banned .............really though where the hell do they expect us to put them ,the toilet or will the wind affect them ? time bt supplied us with new gear ................ 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 42 of 100

Go to solution

Try the 40MHz option - it's the faster variant of wireless 'n' - in crude terms.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32376/~/can-i-use-40mhz-wifi-on-the-bt-home-hub-3%3F

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 43 of 100

Go to solution

AnthonyUK you have simply demonstrate your arrogance and attitude.  I was infact looking for a solution to a customer's BT HH3 speed problems when I came across the thread and the previous thread by Disillusione.

By the way BT Support have said the same to my customer that the issue is known and they are now looking at it.

However, in light of the hostility will keep away from the BT community.  On Tech Republic you would have had a 30 day ban by now but you are obviously allowed to troll unchecked here.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Message 44 of 100

Go to solution

if your customer would care to post there problems here i think we could fix them for free rather than your extortionate hourly rate

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 45 of 100

Go to solution

There are probably rules regarding creating multiple accounts as well 😉

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 46 of 100

Go to solution

Thanks for the detailed feedback Richarobi.

They are both set to b/g/n, and wpa & wpa2 (i.e. identical)

Could you try it with just WPA2 to see if there is any difference?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 47 of 100

Go to solution
I tried wpa2 - spent about 3 hours today - every time you change settings it seems to take an age - after the HH3 wouldn't let me connect at all I gave up - reset it to initial conditions. After the second full (paperclip) reset, it started working again. NOW - suddenly I am getting HD speeds on the iplayer speedtest - which I had nowhere got near to anytime before. The link through to the wired computer is still slow although the wired pc to broadband is high speed. Most interesting thing is that the gigabit port is slower than one of the other ports (gig is slower than 10/100).... the switch knows it has a gig connection - green light or 10/100 - amber light. Maybe - just maybe - try a better cable, although the ones I am using are not 5e they are just good cat 5 - I haven't found this a problem before - if anyone can say for sure this is the problem I will have to buy one to try it. So currently I think that the new firmware upgrade (yes I have the latest) to fix slow wired connections has cured some of the problem, it has left a slow routing issue - wifi to giga..... good news is that 10/100 is faster so I have switched off the HH2. didn't try just wpa2 in the end....
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 48 of 100

Go to solution
p.s i just ransacked my lan bits box and found a cat 5e cable - it makes no obvious difference - gigabit is slower than 10/100 on HH3.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 49 of 100

Go to solution

What model is your Netgear switch?

Do you see anything out of the ordinary on the HH3 network setting page regarding port speed or duplex?

As the HH2 has no gigabit do you get the same speed if the gigabit swich is connected to a 100mb port on the HH3?

It could be an incompatability with your switch and the gigabit chipset in the HH3.

There is no major downside to this apart from the loss of one ethernet port as everything downstream such as WAN, wifi devices and other ethernet devices will all be the same speed or slower anyway.

I appreciate that the wifi may appear to be faster with connection speeds of 150mb but I have not been able to go above 8-9mb/s in my tests.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 50 of 100

Go to solution

Sounds like a port auto-negotiate issue to me.

Try hard-setting the port on the switch.

0 Ratings