cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 51 of 100

Re: It's Official BT HomeHub 3 is not fit for purpose!

Go to solution

That's what I think too but I don't think it is possible on an unmanaged switch which is the type most people have.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 52 of 100

Go to solution

I am now using just the HH3 with the switch connected to a 10/100 port. It is not a managed switch...

As the HH3 seems extremely iffy when you change settings, I am tending to leave it alone now. It doesn't seem to like having any changes - likes to be reset a lot, and full factory reset doesn't always seem to work....

It reminds me of some of the computers I used in the 70's..... i.e. not yet fully functional.

on the HH3 - I did note on an earlier post that it continually sends packets to the switch (possibly BPDU - but I don't intend to get back into sniffer technology) - could be it doesn't negotiate properly as suggested - they need to check their standards, perhaps?

As someone says this is nearly good enough - bit of a bummer not having full gigabit speed to the hub, but at least I am able to see HD speeds on hardwired and wifi in the iplayer speedtest now.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 53 of 100

Go to solution

Thinking of ditching the hh3 myself and getting a netgear, had infinity2 for 6 months and not really had any issues until very recently, my connection just seems to dry up, it doesn't lose sync but getting loads of packet loss, very slow loading websites, couldn't even log into the hh3, power cyclying sorts it but not for very long as I'm having to do that every other day or so.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 54 of 100

Go to solution

I've not had to many issues with the HH3(B) and to be honest it has been much more reliable that the Orange 'Livebox' that I had a few years ago, that thing was awful!

To give you an idea, this is my speedtest a few moment ago with the HH3

Not to bad for this time of night

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 55 of 100

Go to solution

That begs the question ( irrelevant I know , but I'm curious )   -  what package are you on to get 187 Mbps ?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 56 of 100

Go to solution

I would expect FTTP trial.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 57 of 100

Go to solution

Although I technically can't discuss it, I wanted to prove that the HH3 is more than able to handle high speeds.

I'm sure there are some out there that are the 'Friday afternoon' ones, but the this one is fine, it is a model B and I did have a nightmare setting up a network to include a NAS as for some reason it didn't want to 'see' it at first but some tweeks later and it was fine.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 58 of 100

Go to solution

I have to restart the HH3 in the morning to make sure everyone is able to connect to the wireless such a pain.

Wish I had Hippey's connection tho.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 59 of 100

Go to solution

look at Hippey's stats though, 99% quicker than the rest of britain. Can only be london connection, you certainly would not find that in Burton-on-Trent and probably not for the next 30 years or so. Great stats mate, jealous here!

Please click on white star to the left and say thanks if I have helped you at all!. 🙂 Thank you. Some handy links Copy & Paste:-
http://bthomehub.home/
http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/index.html
http://diagnostics.bt.com/login/?workflow=Speed
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 60 of 100

Go to solution

@reece71079 wrote:

look at Hippey's stats though, 99% quicker than the rest of britain. Can only be london connection, you certainly would not find that in Burton-on-Trent and probably not for the next 30 years or so. Great stats mate, jealous here!

I wouldn't be so sure, FTTP will be fully available to the whole of the UK by then and that is up to 330mb/s. Well I would expect it to be as they want to over take europe by 2015.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings