cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
M0nk3y
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

It's all started badly..

I moved from BT some time back to O2 and be unlimited. To be fair their customer service was always very good. If it hadn't been for the poor 3mb download speeds I probably would stil be with them. As I now can get Infinity I bit the bullet and ordered it getting my MAC code and filling in the order as per BT page. All well...... Well so I thought. I received txt from BT asking be to call as they had a query about my order. I called most days for a week only to find the number engaged on only 9-5 mon to fri. Checking my order online the go live was still scheduled for this Friday, my Home Hub had been sent.. Happy days.. Well so I thought. I tried the number today and I nearly chocked on my sandwich when someone answered. Anyway he told me that my broadband order had been cancelled due to me having another broadband service on a line that wasn't a BT line. I thought that what the MAC was for and I had received letters from O2 stating my service was being cancelled. The BT guy said yes the order was messed up and I can now only re place my broadband order after I have a BT line. This will have to be after Friday and there is a lead time and I will have to re-schedule my engineer appointment. My wife was staying in Friday for this so we will have to take more time out of work! Hang on the website says Friday my order will be complete and my Homehub has been sent..Yes Mr BT says it would say that automatically. So a right b@lls up. BT say they will try and re-place the order Saturday but obviously I will be without Internet from 00:00 Friday when my line gets switched... Welcome back to BT
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 3

Re: It's all started badly..

@M0nk3y wrote:
I moved from BT some time back to O2 and be unlimited. To be fair their customer service was always very good. If it hadn't been for the poor 3mb download speeds I probably would stil be with them. As I now can get Infinity I bit the bullet and ordered it getting my MAC code and filling in the order as per BT page. All well...... Well so I thought. I received txt from BT asking be to call as they had a query about my order. I called most days for a week only to find the number engaged on only 9-5 mon to fri. Checking my order online the go live was still scheduled for this Friday, my Home Hub had been sent.. Happy days.. Well so I thought. I tried the number today and I nearly chocked on my sandwich when someone answered. Anyway he told me that my broadband order had been cancelled due to me having another broadband service on a line that wasn't a BT line. I thought that what the MAC was for and I had received letters from O2 stating my service was being cancelled. The BT guy said yes the order was messed up and I can now only re place my broadband order after I have a BT line. This will have to be after Friday and there is a lead time and I will have to re-schedule my engineer appointment. My wife was staying in Friday for this so we will have to take more time out of work! Hang on the website says Friday my order will be complete and my Homehub has been sent..Yes Mr BT says it would say that automatically. So a right b@lls up. BT say they will try and re-place the order Saturday but obviously I will be without Internet from 00:00 Friday when my line gets switched... Welcome back to BT

Yes looks like another C*** up, but the road to Infinity is worth it, believe me.

keep us posted how you get on.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: It's all started badly..

They really must get this sort of problem sorted out sooner rather than later as it is happening all too often.

Let's face it it doesn't give a new customer a good impression of BT from the start!

0 Ratings