No POP3 access since 14:00

GET IT SORTED!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: It's down AGAIN

I haven't had email access to Outlook Express on XP, Outlook on Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail on Windows 8 since LAST FRIDAY afternoon. To make it worse, webmail is now rejecting my login.

I'M GETTING REALLY UPSET ABOUT THIS, WHAT CAN WE DO?

Can anyone offer me help?

Thank you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 7

Come on BT it's down yet again!! It might help if some one could let us know just what is (or maybe isn't) happening to resolve the problem.

I know the problem might well be with Yahoo but YOU are their agent and as such are  legally responsible for keeping your customers informed. Please, please keep us informed.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mistakes and embarrasing goofs in e-mails are only discovered when you've sent them!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 7

There's a problem with a severed underwater cable apparently, which is being repaired.

What can we do? Make a formal complaint. Phone BT help. It may not make any difference to the speed of the repair, but at least the issue is registered with BT. Perhaps we should experience a breakdown in our payments to BT?

It's a PITA, and I think all customers should have been e-mailed about this ongoing problem. Most people appear to be able to access their mail via https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform however.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 7

If this story about a broken cable was true, surely everybody would be affected.

I can't even access webmail, so an email from BT wouldn't help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 7

Threre is an anouncement at the top of the page. Which says there are problems. How BT reach anyone that does not visit this forum who knows.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 7

Why bother with BT Yahoo mail or migrated BT mail ? It's just not worth the pain. Set up a free account with one or more of the common email providers e.g. Google, Yahoo, Outlook, iCloud and you'll find they are much more reliable.
Also, when you leave BT you won't have to worry about your email account being shut down.
Bite the Bullet !