Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thejaklet
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Its your router that's causing the drop outs at night

Evening,

I'm looking for some advice with out broadband connection

Every so often our connection for whatever reason will drop and timeout on a evening from say 20:00 till early morning, I rang the help desk only to be sent round in circles and then told its the router that's at fault, you can buy a new one for £40 or leave it for now

So upon taking this information I decided to purchase a new Linksys router for the house as broadband plays a pretty big part in the household

Set up perfectly and back to 20:00 and the connection again is timing out and not responding, restarting the router resumes the speed and connection but surely this isn't what the help desk says is normal.

Please help!
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Its your router that's causing the drop outs at night

Can you post the adsl stats from your router

can you run btspeedtester and when first test completes then run diagnostic test and post results. 

btspeedtester.    

Test must be be done wired and don't reset before test

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
thejaklet
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

I've just reset it in order to be able to get online so I do apologise, the speeds I'm getting now is 3.54 Mbps and and ping time around 39ms
0 Ratings
thejaklet
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

And recently my line has swapped from interleaved to fast
0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Can you post information anyway as will help when download speed bad

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings