Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
csadler
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

January price rise - but I received no email

Hi,

I've heard on the news about this price rise, but I have not received any email from BT

What's the legalities of this, please?

Can I refuse the price rise?

Regards,

Connor

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: January price rise - but I received no email

When did you start your contract? It may be that you are not going to be subject to any of the price rises.

If you want to check you should call 0800.800.030 and they should be able to advise you.

csadler
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Contract was started right at the end of Aug or start of Sept
I did read somewhere that some people would not be affected by the price rise
I asked BT on the line chat and they claimed that the email has been sent on 28/11 , but I am not sure whether that was a date plucked out of thin air!
Will the staff on that number you gave be any more knowledgeable?

Cheers
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

More knowledgeable about what? You asked the Chat person a question about the date it was sent and they gave you an answer. I have no way of knowing if that is correct or not any more than you do. Give the number a call.

0 Ratings
csadler
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

More knowledgeable about the subject of price rises

As you have 24000+ posts on here I thought you may know more than me!!

I guess my question should have been: Is that phone number some special line or is it just BT customer services?

I will call it - this will be the third time I'll have contacted them 8[

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

In answer to your more direct question, yes they are BT Customer Services. As per your first post question you asked, they will be able to answer your question about the price rise. That was why I posted it in the first place and told you that they should be able to advise you.

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 7 of 10

Hi @csadler and welcome.

The 0800800030 number will get you through to customer options who will be able to deal with the price rise query.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
csadler
Beginner
Message 8 of 10

Spoke to 3 more people from BT today

Apparently I was sent the email but they don't know what email address is was sent to, or it could have been a blank email address (!!!)

It's been raised as a complaint

0 Ratings
Sjwpark
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

Spent 3 hours today dealing with, including and hour and 7 minutes Yes totalling to a customer adviser, 40 minutes on hold. The first two CSAs said the email was sent to different email addresses my gmail and a btinternet.com email. I am in contract till May and a £49 charge is to be made to break my contract as "the email was sent in November". I never use or have used a Bt internet.com email account. . Trying to access the latter including asking for online help it seems the email account was never set up in the first place! It was offered infinity for £32 per month on an 18 month contract instead of the £45 pm on ordinary broadband. However there was a £50 plus £9.95 postage charge, which equates to 6 months of the saving! This could not be waived. I have now been told that they have to raise a complaint which will probably mean I cannot take out the Vodafone offer for January. I though Virgin was poor when I was with them, but BT are seriously rivalry them for their ineptness
0 Ratings
csadler
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

They are pretty useless
I sent an email to executive complaints in the end
I would recommend that
Get a "best offer" (aka deadlock) letter from them then go to the regulator

Don't recontract on poor terms if you want to give BT the shove and your contract is up in May - that's not long to wait

Good luck, it's a real pain these price changes in contract, they should not be allowed to do it imho
0 Ratings