cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davek0974
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Job done, bye bye BT...

Well after 28 years of service, we are now free of BT and the infinity debacle, and it feels good.

Long story short, we had total BB at 1.5mb max, this was generally ok, then we were offered infinity at 40mb and took the offer. It never passed 15-20mb and was very unstable ranging from 0 to 10mb most of the time. Discussions followed with the wonderful :cough: call centre, visits were not made when promised and we managed to get contract cancellation from BT.

Today was the switchover day to sky broadband and talk, the phone switched unnoticed, and the broadband came on this evening, no trouble at all. We were promised 2.5mb max we are getting 2mb at present BUT it is so stable that it appears many times faster than infinity did.

It's also way cheaper and they have only uk call centres.

Anyway as I am no longer a BT customer I won't be posting here anymore so bye all and thanks to those that offered advice.
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
sicknote00
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: Job done, bye bye BT...

bye dave..
Q. There is smoke coming out of my open reach box... so can I have a new one.
A. Sorry sir, The fault is showing at the exchange so your box should be ok.
BRING BACK UK CALL CENTRES!!!!!
0 Ratings
tony8436
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

So many long time customers leaving.  Any senior execs gonna take note of this?

0 Ratings
ttyrie
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 8

Bye 🙂

0 Ratings
1TonyCurrie
Contributor
Message 5 of 8

Whereas,

Most people who have not had any issue like me, dont bother to post - my experience is Infinity is great, far superior speeds to anything I could get before and totally stable.

Dont forget to shut the door on your way out pal Smiley Indifferent

0 Ratings
Highlighted
MedicUK
Contributor
Message 6 of 8

As long as you don’t lock it I think there will be more following like yourself with problems.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Bye 🙂
AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
daveuns
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

Yep, I agree Tony, apart from a few niggling problems in the first few days (mainly caused by Openreach, not BT) it's been fantastic for me too.  Speed is mindblowing, stability is amazing (I suffered at least two disconnects a day with my ADSL).

Keep up the good work BT!

0 Ratings