cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Join new Hub3 setup to existing WiFi networks?

Go to solution

I am looking for the simplest "one off" solution to what will be an ongoing problem!

Our family have 4 large WiFi networks located at different houses. All settings are the same so that we can move equipment (with complex passwords) freely between locations without keep changing settings.

Security issues are already fully appreciated so, for brevity, do not need to be included in any suggestions.

Is it possible to get my old WiFi network connected to the Internet through my new Hub3 with its unique settings?

Changing everybody's settings to match my Hub3 won't work when they eventually get their own Hubs.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Join new Hub3 setup to existing WiFi networks?

Go to solution
Why not change the hh3 wifi aetting to match the setting of your current ones? Its got to be easyer then setting the home hub to use your current setting on a differnt router
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

@Nu2me wrote:

Is it possible to get my old WiFi network connected to the Internet through my new Hub3 with its unique settings?

By unique, if it's your SSID name, wireless encryption type and wireless key, then yes you can

edit. I currently run 2 hubs (only 1 connected to the line) and my wireless devices will pick the strongest wireless connection depending on where I am in my home. The same principle for what you want to achieve

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks for both replies.

Changing the SSID and encryption was exactly what I wanted to do but was informed by telephone support that these were fixed on the Hub3 hence my post! Obviously just a misunderstanding.

Changing the workgroup completed the procedure.

0 Ratings