cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Joining BT - why didn't I read the reviews

Much like a recent thread on here we have had nothing but issues with our infinity installation.
We choose to move from Sky to BT and placed our order on 8th Jan. It was a web exclusive order. There was a slight address issue but after a call to check with customer services it was confirmed we could get Infinity. Great.

Except all we have had since is cancellation after cancellation of our order. They couldn't find the line they were meant to connect to. The woman at customer services was clearly reading from a script and claimed there was no line into our house. There was, and that's where we were calling from.

Sky released our line in order for BT to pick up and they didn't. They re-raised an order with a new number, with a £130 installation fee, and told us we were no longer entitled to the web exclusive offer. (How was that even our fault?!)

Here we are at 27th and no internet or phone still. The current web exclusive order is even cheaper which stings a bit! After contacting BT through Twitter a lovey UK based lady called Claire got in touch and could immediately see the problems.
She was upbeat and I actually had faith she would fix the issue.

Today she has left a voicemail to say they are no further forward and we have to wait even longer.

I booked an online course (£100) which I cannot participate in (I imagine it's an impossibility for this to be resolved by this time next week), I have spent ££ in tethering and dongles and we have no landline telephone number. Try telling an autistic 6 year old that she can't have her laptop or iPad because we have no internet... It's awful.

Can anyone who has been in a similar situation advise timescales? The amount I've read about BT, the more I realise I've made a huge mistake because the problems go on long after install apparently.

Honestly, if the best suggestion is telling me to get out while I can, please say!
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Joining BT - why didn't I read the reviews

see if forum mods can help - they are bt employees.  they will post here 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 7

Hi @PinkiePip

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your post!

Sorry for all the problems you're having getting services connected since moving over to us.  I have let Claire in the Twitter team know that you have posted and I have asked her to follow up with you about this again tomorrow.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Thanks Robbie
I could sense Claire was dreading telling me they had got no further forward and I know she's doing her best, but on the whole I just want to get a service up and running ASAP and if I have to look elsewhere tomorrow I will. 😞

Claire's one of the good'uns
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 7

@PinkiePip Thanks for posting back and for the kind words about Claire.

One thing for sure is that she'll keep ownership of everything for you throughout the entire process until everything is done and dusted.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

@RobbieMac Claire spoke with me this morning. can you possibly get Claire to contact me again today. She has my details.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 7

Hi @PinkiePip

I've let Claire know and she'll contact you shortly Smiley Happy

All the best,

Robbie

0 Ratings