cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

Jumped to (from?) the dark side

Well thats my confirmation letter arrived today - joining BT infinity 2 on 11th October, jumping from Sky BB & LR, also getting BTTV....Would say reading this forum would be enough to put many off, but its the same for the Sky forums - lets face it, noone comes onto forums to praise a service, only to moan about it

The box said 'Requires Windows XP or better'. So I installed LINUX..
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: Jumped to (from?) the dark side

Welcome to the forum Diseased Bunny, hope you enjoy it.

Best wishes, Mick Samatosis

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Thanks....got the youview box and HH today, im guessing HH4, got the engineer coming Friday afternoon, so hopefully this all goes smoothly!Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 8

@Diseased_Bunny wrote:

Well thats my confirmation letter arrived today - joining BT infinity 2 on 11th October, jumping from Sky BB & LR, also getting BTTV....Would say reading this forum would be enough to put many off, but its the same for the Sky forums - lets face it, noone comes onto forums to praise a service, only to moan about it

Your spot on there, forums are by nature a place to let of steam, and I read both forums.

Hope you will be all sorted out Friday.

toekneem

(EASBF)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 8

@Diseased_Bunny wrote:

Thanks....got the youview box and HH today, im guessing HH4, got the engineer coming Friday afternoon, so hopefully this all goes smoothly!Smiley Wink

I love how all router boxes say that. Considering that the router itself is simply a network switch, access point and ADSL modem/router it shouldn't worry at all about what OS it's working with, it's usually the rubbishware CD that's OS dependent, and I've never used one.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 8

All sorted!  Everything was done on Friday, the engineer was here for about 40 mins in total, including sorting the cabinet, only hiccup was no bt sport, but that was solved today, with a call to CS, they got a hard reset done on the YV box, all there, including my extra channels which isnt activated until tomorrow (thats my own fault for forgetting to add them when i placed the order, duh!).  So BT has at least 1 happy customer! Smiley Very Happy

Getting 48Mbps down thru wifi, and 12Mbps up just going to run it through the ethernet connection and we will see how good it gets compared to the estimates! (59.6 down/19 up)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 8

Welcome to the forum, Dead rabbit.

Happy viewing.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 8

Congrats & Welcommens !!

An MSCE in computing is like having a McDonalds Certification in World Cuisine, pointless.
0 Ratings