0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
jfsfoster
Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: June software update

I just had a look at this:

http://community.youview.com/youview/topics/automatic_software_update_june_2013

I was hoping for the IPTV update for extra channels. Sadly we will have to wait longer.

0 Ratings
GraemeF
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Thanks Darren.

Anyone know if you can force an update?

0 Ratings
drhowells
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 11

@GraemeF wrote:

Thanks Darren.

Anyone know if you can force an update?

Yes and No. The updates are released to boxes in a staggered schedule. Once the update has been released to your box, it can take a day or so for you to get it automatically. During this period, you will be able to manually force the update. It can take a few weeks for the update to be rolled out, so don't worry if you haven't got it yet.

0 Ratings
GraemeF
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

@drhowells wrote:

Yes and No. The updates are released to boxes in a staggered schedule. Once the update has been released to your box, it can take a day or so for you to get it automatically. During this period, you will be able to manually force the update. It can take a few weeks for the update to be rolled out, so don't worry if you haven't got it yet.

Just hoping it will solve reported problems in relation to 5.1 surround in btvision content... but doesnt seem to be mentioned 😞

0 Ratings
Travelstar
Contributor
Message 6 of 11

I'd be happy if BT HD content even played in the first place! Seems there are issues at the moment full stop.
0 Ratings
walkerx
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 11

well my BT Youview has updated, but my retail box hasn't

what I did notice though was that both boxes displayed exactly the same software, platform, configuration and isp information before I updated the BT box.

0 Ratings
Red_Snow
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 11

Hey walkerx,

You must be in the same boat as me, owning a BT and a retail YV box. As you said, both boxes were at exactly the same version and ISP code etc.

I have updated the BT box to the new version but not checked the retail box yet, I'll take a look tonight.

Given that both boxes were on exactly the same version, I wonder if this means that both of them will get BT Sport when that update is pushed?

0 Ratings
m00head
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

No, only your BT YouView box will get BT Sport.

0 Ratings
Red_Snow
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 11

m00head, It looks like retail boxes will get BT Sport with BOTH a BT s/w update and a BTV subscription (which I have).

Just looked at the retail box and it has not got the June update yet to bring it up to the BT Box version. I'll leave it for a bit and if it doesn't happen I'll force it.
0 Ratings