Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Guru
Message 11 of 15

Re: Just BT Infinity not possible?

Go to solution
Its down to BT and what packages they want to offer.
I remember having separate contracts and separate accounts for each of the different products.
Today however, BT wish to "bundle" phone, broadband and TV (and probably mobile in the future), as they believe they can offer these cheaper and benefit the customer. They also keep the customer as they are less likely to change all their services.
All the products are sold as packages on the website. I would suggest to call the Customer Options team 0800 800 030 and ask them if they can give you what you want, just Infinity on its own.

Stew
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 15

Go to solution

It's worth trying as Stew suggests, but he's right about the packages ethos and there's no guarantee. We live in a time of mass production, take it or leave it, one size fits all, computer says No, and tailor-made products don't interest big suppliers. My real name is Mr Blobby, but can I get a major car manufacturer to supply me with a vehicle kitted out in pink with yellow polka dots? No chance.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 13 of 15

Go to solution
Unfortunately there aren't many companies that allow broadband only contracts now however you may like to check P... N.. since they do if you have no joy from BT
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 15

Go to solution
Thanks, Stew, for giving an actual practical suggestion. I'll try that, but it does seem a bit ridiculous that a customer simply wanting to get a particular service, instead of being forced into paying for several, is something that needs to be specially arranged.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 15 of 15

Go to solution
Good luck, hope you will get what you want.
0 Ratings