Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Just Signed Up, I have an Email Question

Hi

thanks for taking the time to read this.

I just signed up today from BE as they still haven't announced their FTTC offering.  I was hoping for faster than 24.9mb as I get 19mb on ADSL2 but c'est la vie 🙂

My upload increases to 5mb from 1.3mb so that's great.

I am a heavy user downloading and uploading lots of data as I am a home worker and we share files (ISO's etc) via FTP, torrent etc.

In addition, my spreadsheets are often 17-20mb in size, so upload will be great.

My question is this, when I signed up, I had to create a new email address, yet for years I have been paying for a btinternet.com address, and was signed into BT with this account when I signed up.

Can I not simply use my original address and stop paying for it? This dates back to the original installs of ADSL in the UK.  I was one of the first 200 people to get it, as they gave the first 200 free installation (before the days of filters).

thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Message 2 of 5

Re: Just Signed Up, I have an Email Question

Hi ukbootlegs

Welcome I am pretty sure I did exactly what you wanted when I signed up but I think I did it over the phone. I am certainly using my old bt email address and am no longer paying the small quarterly charge. If one of the online chat staff can't help try messaging the forum mods who seem to have mystic powers with BT bureaucracy

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Thanks mate, I will do that once I am online.

Strange, that I got an install date of 13th March but my kit will be delivered two weeks before.

Erm, it's 8 days time!!!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

deleted

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 5

I get my Infinity installed next Tue 12th and the Hub arrived this morning as promised two DAYS before ..

Oops...didnt see this was a year old ..:-(

http://www.speedtest.net/result/3761870707.png
0 Ratings