cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Just installed. Constant disconnects!

Hey there,

I had infinity installed today, the speed is fine I'm using Ethernet - but every 30 or 40 seconds it disconnects for a few seconds, making browsing a pain and gaming impossible.

This happens on devices like phones, tablets, gaming consoles and a pc, both using Ethernet and using wireless. This makes me unhappy.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Just installed. Constant disconnects!

Sounds like you have a dodgy home hub. Is the DSL connection dropping (orange light on the home hub) or is it you devices connection to the router?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for replying, as far as I can tell the Hub isn't actually losing the connection, I'm aware of the light and I never see it.

I noticed last night now, whereas previously I said all devices, if I have some kind of streaming on my iPad using the wifi it does not drop connection, whilst I look at my PC or someone elses laptop sat right next to it dropping connection every minute. I watched an entire football match on my ipad with no issues. I could go home tonight and it could drop on all devices, but last night that was the case.

So the connection is still there, but for some reason PC's or laptops lose it, ethernet or wireless; but mobile devices are still accessing it just fine and I haven't seen the light on the hub at all. I must admit I haven't paid explicit attention to the hub light colour, but my iPad absolutely does not lose connection even whilst watching things live.

Edit: Also should note the connection seems fine in the mornings, only gets bad at night! "Prime times"

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Further edit: Just got home and checked it out, light is going orange every so often on the hub and likely causing the PC disconnects.... so.. faulty hub?

Cheers

0 Ratings