cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rowan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Just joined BT Infinity - not been sent BT email address

Hi, we've just had BT Infinity installed. We are capped at 40 (but very impressed at the speed!) but the enginner did a check and said we can get up to 72. Please could someone post the link here to do the upgrade online?

Second, we have not been sent out BT email address (to be able to access BT Openzone etc) this is due to the fact that our main email address was not typed in correctly into the system when I log in to the account. Who can I PM or contact to get the email address changed? The user details are different to the ones I'm using to type this forum post. I rather not do it over the phone incase the same spelling error is made again.

Thanks!

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Just joined BT Infinity - not been sent BT email address

Here's the link bud

http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerProducts/displayTopic.do?topicId=29280

Not sure about the email. You're probably best doing it on the phone as it'll be much quicker.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Rowan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for the link. Bit strange as I get this reponse even though the engineer said our line can support 72:

Dear customer,

You have agreed to be part of the BT Broadband Next Generation Speed Broadband trial. We are in the middle of testing our new faster broadband service and making changes from the very valuable feedback you have been giving us. As advised in the trial Terms and Conditions we are unable to support certain other BT services, such as BT Vision and BT Broadband Anywhere. Once the trial period has ended you will be able to progress orders for these services as normal.

Thank you for your continued support with the BT Broadband Next Generation Speed Broadband trial.

For any queries related to this trial we remind you to call our trial support desk on 0800 3282050 who will be able to help you.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

Odd, maybe call 150 and see if they can upgrade you bud.
If you want to say thanks for a helpful answer,please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question then please mark as ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Rowan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

I managed to get my email address off the phone. The fella said that they are still testing some areas before they put all people on the up to 80 service which I guess is why I still have to wait. Bit strange though as BT wholesale said we can support 52 while the engineer said 72. Ah well.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

He's talking rubbish mate. It's available for absolutely every FTTC in the Openreach network. The testing has been done since November when the 17a profile software was rolled out.
Rowan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Thanks for the reply. I've sent a message through the online customer help to hopefully get the upgrade.

0 Ratings
Rowan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 9

Just tried the online upgrade link this morning and it has gone through. Activation midnight Tuesday 🙂

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

If it's due to complete by then the change will actually go through in the early hours of Tuesday morning 🙂
0 Ratings