cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mossi
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

Just joined infinity unlimited yet Utorrent so so slow !

Go to solution

just switched over from plusnet fibre to BT infinity unlimited fibre, on plusnet id get good dowload speeds sometimes 4mb, first test on infinity tonight and its awful, max 162kbs  most of the time its steady at 10kbs, please someone tell me this isnt what ive got to look forward to !!!! plusnet was great, just capped to 120gb per month... hence why i left...

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
McGrath1982
Expert
Message 2 of 15

Re: Just joined infinity unlimited yet Utorrent so so slow !

Go to solution
From 4pm to 12am weekdays you can't download P2P using Utorrent and all weekend I think to.
mossi
Beginner
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution
ah... ok thanks, will check it out sunday midnight , fingers crossed it jumps up !!
0 Ratings
kitkat388
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution
I used utorrent before between 12-4 the max speed I get is around 4mb !! After 4pm its automatic cut down to around 100k or sometime even worst 20k!!!
0 Ratings
chrispajo
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

Remember though, it's only P2P traffic (torrents) that are limited at peak times on the unlimited package. Don't let the slow speed of uTorrent put you off Infinity, as it is a great product. Any other traffic, such as normal downloads, iPlayer type traffic, uploads etc. are never limited either by time or by usage amount, and there's no "fair usage" either in terms of monthly download/upload limit.

0 Ratings
mossi
Beginner
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

sure i totally agree, iplayer etc are fantastic and the fact the dont cap you like plusnet do is a real bonus ! checked last nights speeds, reached just over 1mb, not settled on 850k.. so relativly happy, will check it out on monday..

0 Ratings
sparky76
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution
on Utorrent put Protocol Encryption to Forced on settings and all will be fine.... Always max out my connection at any time of the day, providing the seeds are there of course.....
0 Ratings
Cryin5freeman
Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

Download is fine, except upload... Which is really suck so bad... even the baby cow cries

0 Ratings
biz1988
Contributor
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution
just wondering on protocol encryption whats the difference between enabled and forced??
0 Ratings
sparky76
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution
Don't know to be honest but when set to forced I never have any throttling whatsoever.
0 Ratings