cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jheggarty760
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

Just moved to BT but talk talk still causing me problems

hello, I have just moved to BT due to the faster internet and BT Sport.
however I do have one issue, my youview box.
I set up the broadband and the box but whenever I try to activate my BT subscription so I can watch it it simply does not accept my details.
I just moved from talk talk and for some reason when I press BT player on the youview remote it takes me to "talk talk player" surely that's not right and maybe the reason why it does accept my BT ID and account number?
so BT SPORT is working perfectly on my tablet
it does not appear on my TV guide
so I follow all the online steps and still not there
is this because it thinks I'm still with talk talk?
whenever I press the youview button "talk talk" appears beside players & apps.
why doesn't it say BT and accept my BT details so I can access my **bleep** BT SPORT that I'm paying for?!! please help
thanks, Joel.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
jheggarty760
Beginner
Message 2 of 9

Re: Just moved to BT but talk talk still causing me problems

mistake above- " and maybe the reason it DOESNT accept my BT ID and account number?"
0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 9

Did you connect and setup your Youview box before your BT internet was activated ?

0 Ratings
jheggarty760
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

I did find out that it gets activated tomorrow but I just assumed because whenever I set up the hub and it worked fine that everything was activated and ready for use. do you think that's the problem then and how would I go about solving it?
0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 9

The range of channels and players that you see displayed on a Youview box is determined by a setting called the ISP configuration - if you have an talk Talk ISP configuration you will see the Talk Talk player ..... if you have a BT ISP configuration you will see the BT Player

So tomorrow it may change automatically or you may need to perform a manual software update  (Youview button >Settings >Device Management >Software Update)

jheggarty760
Beginner
Message 6 of 9

ok thank you very much, fingers crossed!
0 Ratings
zulu17
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 7 of 9

You can still use your new Youview box ... all the non ISP specific players and channels can be used and you can record the Freeview channels.  Just that the ISP specific player(S) eg BT Player and any BT IPTV channels like BT Spor won't become available until activation occurs.t

0 Ratings
jheggarty760
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

i done a software update and the channels are still nowhere to be seen and today is activation day
ps. still having the talk talk issues with regards to "talk talk player"
also for some reason we are now being protecting my talk talk homesafe?? so can't access betting websites and even some sports websites
0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 9

@jheggarty760 wrote:
i done a software update and the channels are still nowhere to be seen and today is activation day
ps. still having the talk talk issues with regards to "talk talk player"
also for some reason we are now being protecting my talk talk homesafe?? so can't access betting websites and even some sports websites

Even though today is your activation day your service might not be enabled until some point later today.

You should get an email when your services are ready to use. Update the BT YouView box once you get the 'your bt service is ready...' email.

0 Ratings