cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Farida
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 18

Just ordered BT Infinity and phone, Do I need a MAC from my previous provider(TalkTalk)

Hi, 

I ordered BT Infinity and Phone online from BT. Do I need a MAC from TalkTalk? 

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 18

Re: Just ordered BT Infinity and phone, Do I need a MAC from my previous provider(TalkTalk)

Yes you will need to get your MAC from TT,I know that BT state that they will do it all for you,but to be on the safe side,get it yourself.

You will also need to get the BT line activated before the engineer comes to install infinity.

The HH3 should arrive about 2 days before the engineer comes to install it.

0 Ratings
scottyg35
Contributor
Message 3 of 18

Re: Just ordered BT Infinity and phone, Do I need a MAC from my previous provider(TalkTalk)

I just moved from sky and not at any point did I get asked for a Mac code? If you don't have line rental with bt you shouldn't need one . A Mac code is just to move a broadband service on the same line rental.
0 Ratings
Brumski
Contributor
Message 4 of 18

I also just moved from TT (phone and BB with TT) and was never asked for a MAC code at any point.

0 Ratings
gcdcfc
Contributor
Message 5 of 18

You rarely need a MAC code nowdays.

The new provider (BT) does everything for you regarding switching services ETC.
0 Ratings
biffo1963
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 18

Farida,

Just to emphasise, you need to get your phone line activated before your Infinity is installed.  Although you might get lucky with individual engineers it is not usual BT policy to install a phone line and Infinity in the same visit.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Brumski
Contributor
Message 7 of 18

Unless I missed something, why are you assuming that he is getting a new phone line installed?

0 Ratings
scottyg35
Contributor
Message 8 of 18

Because they are coming from TT and you have to have a TT phone line to get there broadband! And also you don't need the phone line to be active as my infinity was installed and working before bt turned the phone line on so it CAN all be done at the same time.
0 Ratings
Brumski
Contributor
Message 9 of 18

Previously having a TT line, and switching to BT != having a new line installed. Having a new line installed requires proper engineer work at your home, switching from TT to BT they just have to **bleep** about their end. When I made my Infinity order I was given a date that my BT phone line went active, it was the same day that the Infinity engineer was coming out

0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 18

There is always the possibility that TT could continue to bill the OP,unless a formal leaving date is given by the customer,that is why I recommended that the OP do that,just in case TT continue to send bills even after the move to BT is complete.

And if the line is not switched from TT to BT [activated] ,before the infinity install date,BT will not install it.

0 Ratings