cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Farida
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 18

Re: Just ordered BT Infinity and phone, Do I need a MAC from my previous provider(TalkTalk)

My Talktalk contract ends on the 21st of August, so I asked a woman on BTs web chat and she said to set a appointment on the 21st (I also told her that the 21st is when my TalkTalk contract ends and she said to place it on the 21st to ensure a smooth switch from TalkTalk to BT). I have ordered BT Infinty and phone from BT.

My equipment will arrive on the 17th of August.

My phone line will be activated on the 21st.

My broadband will be activated on the 21st, it also says the 21st is my activation date. 

A engineer will come on the 21st.

0 Ratings
Farida
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 18

Re: Just ordered BT Infinity and phone, Do I need a MAC from my previous provider(TalkTalk)

My Talktalk contract ends on the 21st of August, so I asked a woman on BTs web chat and she said to set a appointment on the 21st (I also told her that the 21st is when my TalkTalk contract ends and she said to place it on the 21st to ensure a smooth switch from TalkTalk to BT). I have ordered BT Infinty and phone from BT.

My equipment will arrive on the 17th of August.

My phone line will be activated on the 21st.

My broadband will be activated on the 21st, it also says the 21st is my activation date. 

A engineer will come on the 21st from 8am to 1pm.

0 Ratings
Brumski
Contributor
Message 13 of 18

This is exactly how my switch went down, and with no problems. You are all set op.

Farida
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 18

I thank everyone for all your help... I can finally just relax!

0 Ratings
gcdcfc
Contributor
Message 15 of 18

I'm in the same boat and tomorrow (24th) the engineer is coming to install Infinity ETC.

I received a email from Sky saying:

Your Sky Talk and Sky Broadband will be cancelled on Wednesday 25 July 2012.

Please note it can take up to ten working days for the broadband service to be removed from your phone line, after which your new provider will be able to take over your phone line.

how in the blue hell is Inifinity going to work tomorrow if i'm with SKY till the 25th?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 18

just hope it happens i would think the infinity order will fail if your line is not released until then
0 Ratings
Highlighted
scottyg35
Contributor
Message 17 of 18

Gcdcfc

don't worry to much I got the same email from sky when I switched last week! Just keep an eye on bt's order tracking. Also sky will cut you off first thing in the morning I was at 8 but had bt turn up not long after so all was good. Good luck with your order 

0 Ratings
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 18 of 18

@gcdcfc wrote:

how in the blue hell is Inifinity going to work tomorrow if i'm with SKY till the 25th?

Dont worry, normal bb starts at the exchange whereas infinty comes from the street cab. The old bb will stop at the cab and they wont bother each other.

0 Ratings