Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deathtrap3000
Recognised Expert
Message 21 of 27

Re: Just ordered Infinity 2, please advise

Go to solution

The engineers never had type b hubs, only type a. Now they get refurb type a.

New customers are still being issued with a mix of type a and b.

0 Ratings
Craig_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 27

Go to solution

Thanks for all the replies. I've got instructions how to get into the modems settings, but since it requires turning it off, I am not going to bother as it may mess things up. If I have a power cut at my end, or speeds drop then I will try it, but I'll see how it goes for now.

What I definitely want to know please is, where comments have said I can power down the hub at night, do you mean put it into power save mode (I don't use wireless so I can't see power saving mode making a difference), or can I turn the hub off at the mains. I know I have to leave the modem on at all times, but if I can turn the hub completely off at night without it causing problems, then that would be great.

I turn my PC on in the morning around 10 and usually turn it off about 10 at night, other than that the hub would be on all the time during the day.

0 Ratings
Craig_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 27

Go to solution

8 days into my Infinity 2 and my download speed using the BT tests, speed test and capacity test was on average 53.5 and upload around 9.3

I've just repeated the tests today (been doing them everyday since the engineer installation) and it is has dropped to 46.9 download and 8.7 upload on the BT profile test which is a big drop, considering the hub and modem have never been turned off.

Is it going to keep dropping, do BT drop you on purpose.... ?   Makes me wonder since the last 8 days have been spot on download wise, although the upload has always been low at just over 9 which BT already know about.

Anyone any idea why the drop of 6+mb. I thought the DLM was supposed to also up you after so many days.

Thanks, now wondering if it is going to keep dropping.

Craig

Forgot to mention that my profile is still the same.

Update: Rang BT and got through to the Indian call centre 😞  bloke said my maximum is only about 9 up, so no idea where he gets that from since my original estimate for the up speed was just under 16mb. He had no idea that someone was supposed to be ringing me back and there were no notes mentioning this (so I was fobbed off last time) and as for download speed dropping, basically couldn't care less because it's still fast according to him....

so here's me wondering what I have let myself in for with Infinity 2.  I've sent e-mail to the forum team, so fingers crossed I get an answer that puts me in the picture 🙂

0 Ratings
Craig_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 27

Go to solution

My speedtests were lower this morning, so I decided to turn the hub off and back on. My profile now shows 49.9 down and 20 up as the maximum. Speedtest was 48.2 down and upload at an ever lower 7.8.
It's my 10th day tomorrow, so makes me wonder if I've been lowered or capped. Can't understnad why it's dropped since the initial 54.93 up and 20 down profile was there for 7 days with no problems at all.

What's more annoying is that you can't keep an eye out on the speed you are connected at from the modem without having to do the hold reset switch thing plugged into Lan 2 which is mentioned on Google, which I don't want to do as turning the modem off will probably makes things worse.

Is anyone else noticing a speed decrease just as they are about to reach their 10 days from installation?

0 Ratings
billy06
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 27

Go to solution

my good speed lasted 2 and a half weeks profile of 77.43 getting 71 down and 15 up , but its been down hill since current profile 70.73 getting 64 down and only 8 up

0 Ratings
billy06
Aspiring Contributor
Message 26 of 27

Go to solution

well after 5 days the DLM has done its job, back to 77.43 profile what a difference it makes Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Smir
Contributor
Message 27 of 27

Go to solution
what about your upload billy?
0 Ratings