Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 1 of 22

Just ordered full package and regretting it already

Hi All,

I had a sign on for this community because i had BT sports through Sky.

I cancelled Sky and ordered a full package with BT around 3 hours ago and i am regretting this decision already.

One of the draws was the £150 Sainsburys vouchers, i forgot to ask about it on the phone and the operator never either.

I asked to retian my phone number and the operator says that was okay, i got the order though via email and it states my 'new number' Smiley Mad

I call them and get told "i will pass you through to the relevent department" yes you guessed it - Bangladesh struggled to explain for a few minutes before being told i will have to cancel the whole order and re-order. I couldn't go through the broken English conversation for the whole order again.

Is this what i have to look forard to for the next 12 months? I am really considering knocking it on the head now.

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Guru
Message 2 of 22

Re: Just ordered full package and regretting it already

Hi, you will find the Sainburys vouchers are only available for online orders.
https://www.vouchers.bt.com/offer/sainsburys

Stew
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 22

If vouchers are important to to you:

You can cancel within 14 days:

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/49679/kw/cancel/

As you ordered over the phone probably best just to call.

Can just say you've changed your mind and want your order cancelled.

Can then order online instead.

You might wish to take a look at the cashback websites (quidco.com or topcashback.co.uk) to see what you, as a new customer, could get.

Basically you can pay more a month but potentially get good amounts of cashback - never guaranteed though. Can still get Sainbury vouchers.

Alternatively you can pay less without cashback but still get the Sainsbury's vouchers also.

You might want to take a look at: moneysavingexpert.com/phones/cheap-broadband

or uswitch.com/broadband/providers/bt/

to compare prices.

I haven't posted proper links as not sure what is/isnt't allowed. You'll need to prefix all above with www.

Btw - you will need to check if voucher offer is still ongoing as dates/amounts do change.

If you do plan to use cashback wesite make sure you clear your internet cookies/history and start afresh - they spell it out so make sure you read how it all works before going down this route.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 22

Note that the £150 Sainsbury voucher offer appears to end today (June 24th).

What voucher offer - if any - there will be after this remains to be seen.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 5 of 22

Thanks all, I cancelled over the phone and re-ordered online.Cat Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 22

Now that you've done this don't forget to claim the voucher once your service is activated.

http://www.bt.com/claimvoucher which once you select the date order was placed should just take you to:

https://www.vouchers.bt.com/offer/sainsburys

Remember that you need to claim it, it's not sent automatically.

Looks as though you got your replacement order placed just in time today!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 22

The sheer incomptence unfortunately continues.

I called BT today to ask where my new equipment is - BT have cancelled the order because Sky haven't cancelled the telephone line. No-one from sky or BT thought to contact me, so i am 2 weeks behind where i though i was due to poor customer service again.

Due to issues wth Sky signal i have no choice but to take this from BT.

I will likely now loses the vouchers too.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 22

This is sounding familiar, I wish you luck
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 22

@Spewy wrote:

The sheer incomptence unfortunately continues.

I called BT today to ask where my new equipment is - BT have cancelled the order because Sky haven't cancelled the telephone line. No-one from sky or BT thought to contact me,  

This is becoming a very common story on this forum. Up to around 6 - 12 months ago I don't remember reading about this happening. It now seems to be regular practice by BT.

Surely they shouldn't cancel an order without the customer's authorisation? If they have to for some unavoidable reason then at least contact the customer to let them know!

It seems to me that either due to a system change, or more likely some extremely poor training of the staff, that they now use the 'cancel the order' as a sledgehammer to 'solve' any order problem. Of course it just leads to further delays, problems with online only offers, and annoys the customers. If there's a problem with an order then they need to resolve it, not cancel it.

Why is this seemingly so common now? Do they get a commission for placing the replacement order? It can put people off placing future orders with BT.

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 10 of 22

I asked the operator to reffer me to a Manager to ask the questions, he said they couldn't due to there not being an actual problem. I asked then to raise a formal complaint, again i was told there was no procedure to do so!!

I called back later (once i had calmed down) and got put through to 3 seperate departments, on the last transfer i waited approx 15 minutes when the second operator came back on the phone and said the queue was taking too long and apologised and arranged for me to be called back the next day (Tuesday) my wife staye din the whole day - guess what?

Yes you don't need 2 guesses - no call back.

0 Ratings