cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
macnb
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Just received my New Youview BT box but where's BT Vision ?

Just received my new YouView BT box (Humax DTR1000).

Easy setup.

Going back in time on the EPG guide is soooo intuitive  good WAF Man Wink.

On demand works great (my BT broadband speed is only 6.8Mbs).

Couple of things I am confused about.

1. On the remote I have two coloured buttons (a) blue Youview logo and (b) purple BTVision logo.

Pressing the BTvision button does nothing. I had ordered the TV Essentials package AND paid £50 for the pleasure of it to be activated Man Frustrated

2. The remote I received does not math the online manual which has a "TV" button or controlling the TV set. Have BT/Humax short-changed me ?

thanks.

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
MartinH
Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: Just received my New Youview BT box but where's BT Vision ?

BT supply their own remote, not the same one as the retail boxes have and the original BT batches shipped with. 

macnb
Beginner
Message 3 of 11

Thx for the reply.

Any idea why btvision button does nothing ?

UPDATE: I just updated the the software from the Settings Menu.

Now when I press the BTVision button, it starts it.

Also, if I press teh YV logo, one of the options now shows the BT logo (for bt vision).

Now, to solve the remote control problem.

0 Ratings
aseymour
Contributor
Message 4 of 11

@MartinH wrote:

BT supply their own remote, not the same one as the retail boxes have and the original BT batches shipped with. 

Really? My BT YouView box doesn't have a "BT Button" but has BT branded on the box. Does it have the wrong remote?

0 Ratings
sirjamesp
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 11

Same here. New BT-branded Youview box, supplied by BT, but no "BT" button on the remote.
0 Ratings
MartinH
Expert
Message 6 of 11

Some people have had a very nasty, clunky square remote with a BT Vision button sitting alongside the YouView button at the top, instead of the more curved standard Humax remote shown in the BT adverts.

The box supplied is identical to the retail box so the standard Humax remote will operate it just fine and is the remote many - certianly the original - BT customers received and in any event looks a lot better than the new one I've seen pictures of.

You're missing nothing! 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
macnb
Beginner
Message 7 of 11

I agree it is a big and clunky square remote. Not very slick. I would have liked the original one.

My brother is with talktalk and his YV box remote is very slick and easy to use.

Shame about new the bT remote 😞

It has NO TV button and I wanted to the ability to control the TV remote (independent from the settop box) so I followed the instructions I found online to enter the four digit TV code. I have a Samsung D6000 series and there are over 20 codes for samsung ...arrrrrr !!! Smiley Frustrated

I entered one of them and it rendered the volume and mute button useless !!

I tried another code and that too was useless. I really did not have teh time to go through every combination of TV codes So now I had a remote that I could not use. Very frustrating.

I evetually called and got through to BT's Indian call centre.

Had to be patient as the guy had to go through his script as he had not heard of this remote !!

He kept insisting that the remote should have a TV button.

I explained that it does not have a TV but does have two large YV and BT buttons and put me on hold for 5 minutes to find out what he should do.

Eventually he came back and said ahha you must have one of the new remotes.

And credit to him, he found out how to reset it.

We just have to keep both the remotes handy.

Welcome to 21st centuary BT...you have a lot to learn.

So if anyone ever has this issue and want to reset this big clunky remote here's the sequence:

Press AD and SUB and POWER buttons simultaneously until the blue light flashes.

That will reset the remote to factory default.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Thank God I got my box in the first week of release and got the original Humax remote. That BT remote is fugly!

0 Ratings
macnb
Beginner
Message 9 of 11

Yup the new remote sure is fugly.

BT sure have not done any customer testing with this one.

Way too big for her-in-doors. She hates it !

Not happy.

Wish I could change it.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 11

BT seem to be aligning the style of remote control across both the BT Youview box and the BT Vision+ box. There is just a slight difference in a couple of the main menu buttons.

See  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9579/c/348,1155,3056

The pictures on the above help page are not to scale though. This post shows the two BT Vision+ ones I have side by side.

See  http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Vision/BT-Vision-remote-control-with-big-buttons/m-p/886604#M48489

The AD button now acts as a TV button (once you have entered the correct code).

Hold down the AD button and use On/Off or Ch+/Ch-. You should be able to control the TV volume without holding the AD button.

0 Ratings