cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grantsmith82
Contributor
Message 1 of 42

Just setup new Draytek vigor 2750N...... + resetting modem for increase in line profile

HI all

i mentioned on another thread http://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Infinity/New-draytek-sync/td-p/517941/page/2

that i was getting a  Draytek vigor 2750N. I got it from ebay for about £100.

As it was used off ebay i took some advise and factory reset it 1st.  was quite easy to setup. and is now up and running.  just a couple of Qs

username/password  should this be my @btinternet.com email address /password   or home@bthomehub thiny (cant remember it exactly) and leave p/w blank? 

also on the stats page is there somewhere that tell me what each is   e.g 1Day CV, Total FEC etc.?

next question is simple but bit lengthy..

As as previously mentioned in another thread.  after having a few engineer visits and disconnections on my line, my profile dropped from btspeedchecker ( was about 32mb)  dropped down to a low of about 27ish.  

Now i have read mixed advise about if people should actually disconnect (reboot) the modem(and ot routers) to give the line profile a kick/push  or just to leave it to naturally increase (with DLM).. as some warn that it may reduce it even more so with the disconnections. (as DLM thinking line is unstable and lowers speed accordingly)

From my finding i found that...   if i did keep disconnecting the BT OR modem that it would keep dropping the line profile by a meg or so each time..  however what i did was after a reset and seeing it drop i  kept downloading large files (50gb - 100gb) at a time at full speed  to show the line was capable to handing downloads at the max speed) i did this for a day or two   however the profile wouldnt "naturally increase" after doing another btspeedcheck.   so after a day or so of heavy downloading  i would then give the modem a quick blip (usually at off peak times like  late night or v eary morning   this did actually raise the profile.. 

and kept following the same process.upto  2 nights ago i was working late till about 2am  profile was at 31.51mb so rebooted modem (had to wait an hour for another test) and it increased to  33.62mb (highest i seen since 1st of may from when i had work done)  which its been at since now  (installing draytek)

now i installed the draytek 2pm today.  line profile decreased to 32.77  was disconnected for about 5 mins as had to input settings etc.  so im hoping after a day or 2 of downloading again this will raise up..  

However with the draytek router/modem  will i need to give the unit a reboot to see the profile increase(or decrease)   like the BT OR modem or will this naturally increase(or decrease) itself??

if someone can tell me how i will paste a image of my stats from the draytek so you can take a look and see what you think??

thanks

Grant 

0 Ratings
41 REPLIES 41
grantsmith82
Contributor
Message 2 of 42

Re: Just setup new Draytek vigor 2750N...... + resetting modem for increase in line profile

anyone help?

0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 42

Re: Just setup new Draytek vigor 2750N...... + resetting modem for increase in line profile

I advise you to set it up using your @btinternet  & PW,like I stated in the other thread as I have used the 2750N for 6 months and that works for me.

If your profile has dropped due to reboots then it will take a while to build up again,and leaving the draytek on at all times works best for me.

I have other threads on this forum that contain recommended QoS settings etc.

And do not forget to setup the time to your local time in the setup.

The VDSL stats screen shows all of the details that you may require etc.

0 Ratings
grantsmith82
Contributor
Message 4 of 42

does the draytek need a reboot  like the bt modems to see an increase in the Ip profile on the line (sync rate)

as mentioned above i use to have to give my bt modem a quick reboot to see a change in line ip profile (sync speed)

if so  whats the best menthod to do this on the draytek something on the admin page  or a simple power off/on?

0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 42

If you use the power on/of switch you will lose your settings.

The best way is in the admin section,as that has a choice of a factory reset or a warm reset.

If you do any resets though it is a good idea to save your settings first from the admin section.

Another good move if you have not done it is to change the PW [system PW] in the admin section as all drayteks use admin/admin,you need to use admin/xxxxxx,but don`t forget the new PW or you will not get in.

But personally I think that a reboot will only make your profile worse as with the draytek you are rebooting the modem and the router sections.If you leave it on it should get stable again,but the choice is yours.

0 Ratings
grantsmith82
Contributor
Message 6 of 42

Hi Ironman   time and date is all setup. 

im gonna give it a few full days of maxing out the speed downloading and deleting big files then give it a reboot.

whats best way to reboot   power off n on  or is there a simple way in the admin page on the unit?

how can i paste my stats in the posts?  i cant copy n pate them as contains characters the forum wont accept and cant submit post

0 Ratings
grantsmith82
Contributor
Message 7 of 42

think we crossed posts ironman,  

what section on admin page is the warm reset??

i have already changed my admin login.. as most routers  use admin/admin 

i get what your saying about the rebooting may make profile worse..  but have you ever seen it naturally increase and see your downstream rate increase without a reboot? 

i know on the bt modem  people said leave it  and i left for weeks without no increase and when i reset it increased..  i admit if i reset it frequently in quick succession yes it would start dropping.. 

0 Ratings
grantsmith82
Contributor
Message 8 of 42

forgot to ask  i see a lot of people inporting their draytel data on the posts   hows this done?

0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 42

I have never had to reboot my 2750n,unless I wanted to.

It has been on with no problems since I installed it 6 months back.

But if you want to reboot,then in the admin section near the bottom it should have a reboot section.

Hold on will use a pic.

0 Ratings
grantsmith82
Contributor
Message 10 of 42

i think i found it....

reboot system

do you want to reboot your router?

Using current configuration

Using factory default configuration

how do i post pics?

0 Ratings