cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grantsmith82
Contributor
Message 21 of 42

Re: Just setup new Draytek vigor 2750N...... + resetting modem for increase in line profile

i think im about 600/700 yards away

0 Ratings
grantsmith82
Contributor
Message 22 of 42

Re: Just setup new Draytek vigor 2750N...... + resetting modem for increase in line profile

i found the uptime... 27min..  will check in morning if its disconnected again

while i leave it downloading overnight to max the connection out so it can see it can handle max line can take

0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 23 of 42

Read your system log,it should show up in there.

I mean`t that the draytek stats screen updates about every 5 secs,the 17a is just an exchange format to show that it has been updated to be ok for the 80/20 speeds.

But about that disconnection,there is a pulldown menu in the draytek main screen that says "Auto Logout" if you set it to "Off" each time you are using the draytek screen it will not log you out automatically after 5 mins.

BTW,have you set the always connected setting in the PPPoE screen if not it will cut your connection after a while.

0 Ratings
grantsmith82
Contributor
Message 24 of 42

ive just switched logout  from auto  to off..   will see in morning if disconnects again..

if not gonna leave it a few days with heavy downloading and see if the profile raises up again in 4-5 days time...

i dont think the draytek will naturally display a sync change without a reboot or disconnect... that seem likely after profile changed 30 mins ago after the odd disconnection.

also under  "online status"

what the "drop PPPoe" button for and the implecation if pressing it?

0 Ratings
grantsmith82
Contributor
Message 25 of 42

"connection type" is "PPPoe"

and "redial policy" is "always on"

0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 26 of 42

No! not the PPPoE button,there is a menu on that screen that should be set to "Always Connected" on simular.

0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 27 of 42

Ok! you should be good to go I think.:)

I think I will contact draytek and ask for some money for helping them sell routers.LOL [joking]:)

0 Ratings
grantsmith82
Contributor
Message 28 of 42

so what does the "drop PPPoe" button do  under online status?   does it just kill the connection?

0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 29 of 42

Don`t change that,it has to be "PPPoE" because thats what your connection from BT [the ISP} uses for infinity.

And once that screen is setup [yours is] it is a good idea to not go there as every time you do,then leave the screen it updates [checks] your internet connection to BT,which could cause a disconnection if the BT server is asleep.LOL[Laughing Out Loud in forum jargon].

0 Ratings
grantsmith82
Contributor
Message 30 of 42

looks like dropped again as counter gone from 30 mins to 16 mins so must have glitched off while i was reading a webpage.

odd why its glitching off

0 Ratings