cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
swimmer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 13

Re: Just signed up with BT Broadband Option 1 but have terrible connection speed

Go to solution

An update on my very slow new broadband, on the day I had my BT socket installed and the new cable to the telegraph pole Sky were installing my dish etc, I noticed that the telephone cable they had run to the Sky Box was plugged into my main socket first then my filter was plugged into the Sky adapter so I swapped this around so my filter is now plugged straight into my main socket with my router then Sky / Telephone line after that did my speed test which went from 0.2Mbps to 1.8Mbps.

Still very poor speed but I live a long distance from the exchange plus our area is still on telegraph poles so lets hope once Infinity is rolled out things will improve.

Thank you all. Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
Highlighted
gouledw
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 13

Re: Just signed up with BT Broadband Option 1 but have terrible connection speed

Go to solution

If you're on a long line, then getting a filtered faceplate if you have a sky dish would be the best thing, because the wiring that sky use is **bleep**, and really does mess up the broadband signal.  I had such low connectons with the sky box, and in the end got a filtered faceplate which reduced the interference a lot.

0 Ratings
swimmer
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 13

Go to solution

Is that something I can get at a Maplin store?

Just answered my own question yes you can.

0 Ratings