cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Just switched to BT broadband now online game doesn't work right

Please tell me what info I need to post in order for me to get some help.

I was using talktalk for a while and playing Call of Duty black ops 2 was fine except connection kept kicking me out from time to time, which I think was just due to requiring updates.

However since my move to BT the game experience is completly choppy and I'm lagging all over the place. Which makes my £40 retail game worthless.

My D/U speeds seem to be fine for everything else and my latest ping averages about 50. My signal bars in game are always full.

I've added all the playstation network forwarded ports to the router but it won't even let me assign it to my PS3 or any device because it has an error that says my brand new created set of ports is already assigned to another application or service etc and cannot continue until I un-assign them. (but there is nothing to un-assign??)

I am using the homehub 3 that's all I know of atm.

Please help.
0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Just switched to BT broadband now online game doesn't work right

are you connecting the playstation to the hub by wired or wireless connection
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 8

If it a port forwarding problem, then this link will help.

Port forwarding problems

As John46 says, we need to know how your computers and games consoles are connecte to the home hub.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Connected via wireless WLAN on easy auto setup. Any ports I set will assign but just this certain one I have created with all PSN assoiated ports from the PS website
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

You need to use a direct Ethernet cable or Powerline adapters if you want a reliable connection. Wireless is subject to too much interference.

See

Network connection problems and possible solutions

Port forwarding need to be done the way I have described, otherwise it can be unreliable.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

I understand your point, but doesn't BT claim to have the best wireless signal output around? Pipex (now talktalk) gave me a rubbish router that couldn't even port forward at all worked flawless and so with no disrespect I don't believe that using an Ethernet cable would resolve the issue. I'm only saying this because using that method isn't possible in my situation.

Any other ideas?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

There are other options discussed on my link which I posted. Even a static IP address may help.

There are lots of report of problems with the wireless on the HH3. If your old router is not ISP locked, then you could try that?

Apart from that, you could try looking at the suggestions on this link.

Wireless problems and things you can try, to resolve them

Otherwise you will just have to put up with the wireless disconnections.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

I will look at that link when i get home, due to being restricted from help while not connected to the WIFI im having problems with. 

EDIT: I will try and get a long Ethernet cable and connect it temporary to test maybe that will give us a better view on whats happening.

0 Ratings