cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
whyusethem
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Keep losing connection briefly when watchingTV

Have moved to BT from Virgin when we moved house five weeks ago but am having one recurrent problem.  When I am watching TV in the evening -Netflix or I player - the connection gets lost about every 20 minutes for a maximum of a couple of mins. I live alone so no other devices being used (although my iPhone will be linked as will my iPad).

i have had bad experiences with the BT customer care on the phone so if I can avoid phoning them again, I would be grateful.

thanks

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
whyusethem
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Phone, internet, broadband... Wish just one worked...

We moved to a new flat on 24 Sept. Decided to ditch Virgin in favour of BT. Kit arrived as advised but no phone line so no broadband, internet, BT Sport etc. Called numerous times: they had fixed it - no they hadn't... it was internal and would mean a visit... no it didn't after all... it was outside and would be fixed within four days.... it wasn't. Latest update is it will be fixed on 28 Oct. How does BT get away with such appalling customer service (and we have paid for a month of internet, BT Sport, etc etc... ). Tried to complain via Twitter - given a website for 'live chat'... only got no chat and no response. Seems no way to escalate this and as we can't work at home, we can't get other work in the property done... Should have stayed with Virgin.

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Phone, internet, broadband... Wish just one worked...

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 3 of 6

Re: Phone, internet, broadband... Wish just one worked...

Hi whyusethem,

Welcome to the community forum and thanks for your post!

Sorry for all the problems you've been having getting your services connected.  You can send us over your details and we'll give you a hand from here.

Click on my username and under the "about me" section you'll see our contact link.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Re: Keep losing connection briefly when watchingTV

Do the lights on the BT home hub change colour when this happens?

I assume your original problem on this thread has been solved?

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 6 of 6

Re: Keep losing connection briefly when watchingTV

Hi whyusethem,

Thanks for posting. I’ve moved all your posts to this thread so we have all the details in one place. Did you email over the details as requested by Robbie? If not I’m sure we can help so drop us an email and we’ll take it from there.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings