Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BillSparrow
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Keeping a btinternet email address when leaving BT Broadband

Go to solution

Hi

How do you go about keeping a btinternet email address when leaving BT Broadband?

I've searched the forum but can't find any recent messages giving the current state of play on this topic, just messages from around 2012 talking about a premium email service costing £1.60 per month.  I've heard rumours that this price has increased or is increasing to £5 per month.

Some posts were saying that, if the email address remains "active" (no more that 30 days without any activity), then BT will not close it down. Other posts were saying that you have 30 days grace from leaving BT broadband before the email address gets closed down.

Also, some posts mentioned a dedicated phone number to discuss this topic but others said they could never get through.

Before I enter this minefield I thought I would gather whatever up-to-date info/advice I can!

Cheers,

Bill

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Keeping a btinternet email address when leaving BT Broadband

Go to solution

See link.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13140/~/what-happens-to-my-bt-internet-email-account-...

There has been a recent price rise and I believe it now costs £5 per month. Personally I would not pay that. I would set up a non ISP email address such as with Gmail and migrate all my contacts away from BT email.

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Premium mail is increasing to £5/month. It is the only guaranteed way of keeping your email address without a BT Broadband account.  The premium mail team number is 0808 100 6778 option 2

0 Ratings
BillSparrow
Beginner
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks gg30340, I had looked at that web page, however, it is very old (earlier than June 2013) and the "find out more" link does not work.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

All the information on the page is still relevant as is the phone number on the page. 

The find out more link still works for me. It takes you here

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44885/c/346/related/1?s_cid=con_FURL_premiummail

The other link at the foot of the page has apparently been changed but it still takes you to the FAQ for BT email which still includes that web page amongst others

0 Ratings