cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 8

Kindle connection

Hi

can anyone help, Bt Openzone is not coming up on my kindle when it scans - does anyone know how to manually connect?

Thanks

Tuffty

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Kindle connection

are you sure there is a BT openzone signal where you are trying.  have you tried something else to check for a broadcast signal

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 8

there was one at christmas when i forst got my kindle, but when i tried last night it did not come up as an option - how can i check that i'm in a area where there is a signal?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 8

as a guide

http://www.bt.com/static/wa/wifi/pages/findhotspots.html?s_cid=con_FURL_btfon/hotspots

but locations and coverage is approximate

Check your exchange or major service outages

If someone has given a helpful answer, please click on their Ratings star on the left-hand side. 🙂 ***
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

I think not only are they approximate they also include people like myself who are opted in to BTFON and probably show as hotspot but I use a netgear so there is no BTFON signal

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 8

@imjolly wrote:

I think not only are they approximate they also include people like myself who are opted in to BTFON and probably show as hotspot but I use a netgear so there is no BTFON signal

Yes, you are right it does show FON connections (or in your case lack off) but its shows these seperatley to Openzone and Openzone roaming hotspots, so should be of some assistance to the OP.

Note though FON hotspots are generlly residential routers which have poor coverage (for a hotspot), so unless your nextdoor to them your unlikely to get a usable connection anyway.

Check your exchange or major service outages

If someone has given a helpful answer, please click on their Ratings star on the left-hand side. 🙂 ***
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 7 of 8

I've had my Kindle for a year now and gaveup trying toconnect to btopenzone although there are at least 5 known Fon Hotspots where I live.

I'm trying again now and still can't login. I've tried resetting my username and my password but can't cnnect. What am I doing wrong?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

0 Ratings