cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Kodak Printers and BT Homehub 2.0

Hello,

On three separate occasions I have had problems getting a kodak printer to print wirelessly using WindowsXP & 7 and BT Homehub V2.0.

The printer was succesfully connected wirelessly to the hub and I assigned it as fixed IP address.  The PC can "ping" the printer but when I attempt to install the printer sotware and add a new printer I receive the error "printer cannot be found". 

I have disabled Windows firewall and removed antivirus software which was installed on the PC.

I have tried various workarounds as recommended online and still I am unable to resolve the issue which has now been escalated to BT and Kodak.  A point to note is that I've never had any similar experiences with HP/Epsom or Lexmark printers.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Chris

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Kodak Printers and BT Homehub 2.0

have you tried changing the wireless default in the hub from b/g/n to just b/g

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Yes Ive tried that.  As I said the pc can "ping" the printer but fails to print ..

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

I've always recommended to my customers they should use BT broadband as in my opinion it is one of the better offerings.  However, when it comes to customers who have Kodak printers and want to use them wirelessly, I will be advising them to either get a new printer or change providers...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

from looking up google this appears to be a problem getting kodak wireless to work regardless of router or ISP.  from what you say you have the printer conencted to hub and wifi light solid (blue)  - does it show in devices in the hub?  is the problem then when it comes to running the kodak cd in your pc?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

yes, pc and printer connected and pc and "ping" printer.  I don't think the printer was seen under devices in hub.

When I try and install the printer using the supplied software, it comes up with "cannot connect", so my thoughts are that a firewall, antivirus or the hub are blocking ports.  (note windows firewall and antivirus software disabled).

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

I would have expected the hub to show it as a connected device either by name or unknown.  if not there is the wireless connection light on possibly blue?

sorry but I assume on W7 you have in network sharing the network discovery on and also printer sharing

0 Ratings