Guru
Message 11 of 36

Re: LACK OF HELP FROM BT

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Guru
Message 12 of 36

I have just read your other thread. I understand that you are connecting the printer to your Home Hub 5?

Are you aware http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11523/kw/connecting%20printer%20to%20home%20hub/c/346...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 13 of 36

Thanks, StewM.

I'm using a wired printer and I've tried re-installing the printer software. The re-install made no difference.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 14 of 36

Thanks again - no. I'm not using USB. It's a network printer with a network card. It is connected to one of the network ports on the HH5.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 15 of 36

Hi PaddyB

Further to your note, I have sent you a private mail about my specific problems, but I don't seem to have had a reply yet so I am a bit worried as to whether you received the note or not.

I could send it all again on this thread if that was easier.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 36

Once you have sent a mail to one of the Mods, it goes into a queue and will be dealt with in turn. Could take 3-5 working days to rise to the top of their queue

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 36

PaddyB won't respond to a PM. You have to use a link to contact him and that link only becomes available to you if the moderator opens it to you.

See this link for more info

https://community.bt.com/t5/Announcements-Terms/Change-of-Mods-Contact-Us-link/td-p/931648

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 18 of 36

Thanks gg30340

You kindly suggested earlier on this thread that a Moderator should get involved in this particular issue. That moderator was PaddyB. All he did was to give me a link to the 'Tech Team'. One of the main reasons that I ended up on the forum was because the Tech Team couldn't/wouldnt help.

Do you think that PaddyB misunderstood, or is there someone else who could possibly take my problem a bit more seriously?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 36

Obviously I can not speak for the moderators so I don't know why he give you the link to the "Tech Team".

I could be totally wrong but I suspect it must have been something like it will not be in his remit to deal with home networking problems because there can be so many variables involved over which BT have no control.

I know your answer to that will be that you suspect the problem is with the HH5 so it is a BT problem, but as I have said, I can't speak for the moderators.

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 20 of 36

You are quite correct, gg30340, I have now received a reply from him which essentially says that BT are not responsible for anything we connect to the HH5.

This is totally avoiding the issue, as the problem is that the HH5 is not displaying correctly what is actually on the network.

The printer is on the network some of the time - I can print to it some of the time.

If I give the printer a DHCP address I can see it. If I turn that address 'static', it disappears. This is not a printer/device problem, it's a HH5 problem.

I don't think he has actually read the problem. I think he's just looking for the easiest way to brush it under the carpet.

This is extremely frustrating.

BT say it's not their problem, the forum (despite a lot of helpful suggestions) can't help, so I'm stuck! (Unless I go and buy a third party solution that BT will then blame later if I have any problems with my line).

0 Ratings