cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 21 of 36

Re: LACK OF HELP FROM BT

No ISP is responsible for items connected to a residential network I know this is not the answer you want but I am afraid there is nothing that BT or any ISP could do to help if it was a hub 5 problem there would be many similar posts but there are not
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 22 of 36

I've just started trawling through for similar items, john46.

I'm not sure how to link to another thread - does this work: https://community.bt.com/t5/ADSL-Copper-Broadband-Speed/Devices-plugged-into-Homeplug-can-recieve-IP...

This chap was asking a question in 2010 that no one answered. His problem looks very similar. As it was a while ago, I suspect this was not HH5, but was/is the software similar between different types of HH?

This, too, seems to be quite close to the same issue: https://community.bt.com/t5/ADSL-Copper-Broadband-Speed/Dodgy-firmware/td-p/42110/highlight/true/pag...

Or even: https://community.bt.com/t5/Other-Broadband-Queries/Homehub-can-t-see-device-when-static-IP-assigned...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 36

The two links you posted refer to the home hub 2 which was a totally different device to the hub 5 you are using
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 24 of 36

And the other one?

Why are you so keen to prove that there isn't a problem with the HH?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 25 of 36

No you are not on your own here. I have been having a constant problem with my wifi where whenever the landline is used to receive or make a call the wifi drops off. I had to go through the farce of calling the help center who are based in India. Speaking to people who I can hardly understand was so frustrating but after numerous calls and line testing etc I finally managed to get an engineer booked. He didnt turn up. No phone call, no nothing. I filled an online complaint with BT and they rang, full of apologies and reassurances etc and arranged another engineer. He didnt turn up. Again- no phone call, no apology, no nothing. The complaints dept rang me that evening to check my problem was now sorted and didnt even seem surprised that the engineer hadnt turned up. We arranged a third engineer and Yes! you guessed it - he didnt turn up. When the complaints dept rang me again that evening I was furious and demanded to speak to a manager. He came on the line and apologised and tried to get me to make another appointment! he seemed most put out when I refused and said I was cancelling my BT broadband package. 

But do you know the worst thing? The engineers who didnt turn up? They are based 2 minutes down the road from me - I can see them leave for work in their vans each morning! 

I am now going with Sky - hopefully they can solve this broadband issue, but I tell you, I was absolutely stunned at the behaviour of BT. If you would've told told me this would happen I would never believe you. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 36

the engineer regardless whether you are with BT, SKY or TT as your ISP will be openreach - the same engineers that have not turned up.  THe engineers do not work for BT retail your ISP - they work for openreach which OFCOM say must not give any preference to any ISP

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 27 of 36

I know they are sub contractors, that is to be honest irrelevant.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 36

How irrelevant?  moving to any other adsl provider will get you the same service from the openreach engineer as all the lines are owned by openreach

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 29 of 36

It is irrelevant in my view because BT arranged the engineer appointments 3 times. 3 times BT assured me that between 12 and 6 an engineer would attend to fix a problem with a BT line. 3 times BT did not bother to check with the engineers as to whether they had attended. Are you seeing a pattern here? To be honest I dont care if its Openreach or a local handyman - if BT tell me they are arranging an engineer to come then I expect that engineer to come! After the first 2 non attendances you would think they might contact Openreach and say "what the hell is going on here?" but they were completely oblivious to the whole scenario and from a company like BT that is totally inexcusable!!!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 30 of 36

It does appear that BT are very quick to suggest that things are not their fault.

It also seems that a number of people on this forum are very very keen to argue that BT are not at fault, whether or not they even understand the problem in hand.

0 Ratings