Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quinn1701
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 23

LCP Send Termination Request - dropped line - HH5A

Go to solution

For almost three weeks now I've been suffering from the line being dropped due to the LCP Send Termination Request issue that I've noticed also seems to be affecting others recently from some of the posts here.

My connection had been dropping at times an average 4-5 times per day near the end of July and the odd time before that. When I got in touch with BT over live chat, they did something and asked me to monitor for 48hrs and to then get back in touch as needed. At the time the connection dropped 10mins after speaking to BT and then 5mins after factory resetting the hub later the same day.

Connection seemed to be stable for about 13 days, however the same issue seems to have come back to haunt me.

To keep it short, I spoke to BT via live chat on Thursday (10/08/17), they apparently refreshed the line completely from the exchange to my hub, made some account changes (I don't know what) due to their being congestion/traffic on the line. It was at this time they told me it would be permanently sorted. A follow up call was arranged for today (12/08/17) between 6pm-8pm. They decided to call 3hrs earlier even when I said it would have to be after 6pm. Following this chat, the line then dropped five times

I spoke to BT live chat again (11/08/17) and received the standard sort of advice to check position of router etc and layout. They did further tests and got me to factory reset the HH5A again. They claimed that only during this chat was the HH5A reset correctly. I found this odd as when I did it the previous day passwords etc had to be changed again. They also mentioned during this chat that I had 95-100% connectivity from the exhange and that there was no issue with my socket, therefore they advised me not to try the test socket as I offered to do.

Since this chat up until 7pm on 12/08/17 my connection has since been dropped a further six times. So that's a total of eleven times in two days.  When the line drops I also lose both ethernet and Wireless connections. The lights on the hub flash orange.  With either a corded phone or a cordless handset, there is no noise picked up on 17070 (2). I actually went out and bought a corded phone to check. There is no inline filter as the socket has individal ports for the phone and broadband.

My HH5A was updated to firmware 4.7.5.1.83.8.236.1.2 on 12/07/17.

So looking for a little help in the hope someone from BT can pick this up. 

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 23

Re: LCP Send Termination Request - dropped line - HH5A

Go to solution

You should connect to the test socket as that will rule out any internal wiring problems. If it is still dropping the connection there would appear to be a fault with your connection and you need to report that to BT.

Do not be fobbed of with the absolute rubbish they have already told you about " refreshed the line completely from the exchange to my hub, made some account changes (I don't know what) due to their being congestion/traffic on the line"

If you check the forum you will see that some posters were reporting problems after the HH5 update but correct me if I'm wrong but your problem does not seem to coincide with the date of the update.

0 Ratings
quinn1701
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 23

Go to solution

Thank you for taking the time to reply, I thought that about the test socket to be honest and what you say about the rubbish they are spouting. 

I'll need to check it tomorrow as I'm not home until then now.

As to the HH5A update, it was on 12/07/17 and my problems started nearer the end of the month that I noticed.

0 Ratings
quinn1701
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 23

Go to solution

So opened up my socket as advised by someone in the thread and after scrambling to find a filter, phone/BB are plugged into the test socket.

Line had crashed again overnight a few times and my speed had dropped by quite a large chunk again. I've recorded 10 drops in the last day or so, but I know two of those are due to me resetting once and disconnecting to use the test socket.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 23

Go to solution

Now that you have tested in the test socket and the problem is still there it is possibly a hub problem or a line problem. In any event you will need to contact BT and have them either send out a new hub in the first instance and or send an engineer to investigate.

0 Ratings
quinn1701
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 23

Go to solution
Hi GG. Thanks for the reply again. I've recorded the extra drops until I hooked up a filter and the hub/phone to the test socket.

There's no recent drops as of yet, but the change in setup has only been there about 30mins. Based on past experience I think it is the hub, but BT...

Thank you.
0 Ratings
quinn1701
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 23

Go to solution

BT are taking the mick now. I'm guessing it is tech who tried to call, but when I answered my mobile and my landline, they immediately hung up.

It's a joke.

0 Ratings
quinn1701
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 23

Go to solution

Well I've been connected to my test socket  for almost a day and I've recorded four drops. So something is definitely amiss.

Can someone help please?

0 Ratings
JohnC2
Message 9 of 23

Go to solution

Hi @quinn1701 Sorry you are experiencing a fault with your connection.

We will be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
quinn1701
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 23

Go to solution

Thank you John, I've completed the form and shall hear from you from what I understand within 3-5 working days on average.

As an aside, since I last posted, my connection has dropped again and also my DL/UL speed has dropped as well. Noise margin has changed but as I understand it that's DLM at work. Was always constant around target of 6 before my issues started.

I'm going to put the faceplate back on as given I've got the issues with or without it, possibly a safer option. 17070 (2) also seems fine at present.

0 Ratings