cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JohnC2
Message 11 of 23

Re: LCP Send Termination Request - dropped line - HH5A

Go to solution

Hi @quinn1701 Yes the timescale is about right and once you reach the top of our queue we will be in touch to help you with this. 

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 12 of 23

Go to solution

@quinn1701 I called there and left a message on your mobile answering service.  I'm getting this investigated by the Hub team as I can't find any issues with your line or connection and I'll be back in touch when I have an update. 

0 Ratings
quinn1701
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 23

Go to solution

It would seem I just missed your calls as I had to step out for a minute. 😞

Well connection has dropped five times since your colleagues post on here, but as I understand you can see the dropped connections from your end. Using the DSLchecker data, my line has now dropped in speed for both UL/DL below the downstream handback threshold. Line was always solid around the 54.x and 9.8x/9x before all this started.

I need a friend (the cat isn't cutting it all the time)....feel free to call back whenever. Smiley LOL

0 Ratings
NeilO
Message 14 of 23

Go to solution

@quinn1701 Sorry about that, yes we can see the drops from our side so there is no need for you to log them.  The Hub team are looking at this for us and I'll get back in touch as soon as they let me know what they find. 

0 Ratings
quinn1701
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 23

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply. I was getting hopeful as I'd managed to get 1.5 days of uptime, before connection started dropping at random again.

As was said to me on the voicemail I received, it almost does coincide with the firmware upgrade on the HH5A. Seems to be affecting a few other people as well given the other posts on here. However depending on proposed resolution, I am worried that as my speed has dropped so far I'll need a DLM reset.

Is the hub team another part of BT, or does stuff like this go to the hub manufacturer?

Thanks again for looking at my case for me.

0 Ratings
quinn1701
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 23

Go to solution

My case is thankfully in progress after good assistance from the mod team, in this case Neil.

Putting this out here in case he's looking at the thread before calling me again. Since I spoke to Neil on Wednesday morning, the connection dropped three times that day. Today on the Thursday, the connection has dropped six times up to a few minutes before me typing this comment.

edit: so low and behold, I put an update post on here, and the connection drops again for a seventh time today. I need to stop posting. Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
DavidM
Message 17 of 23

Go to solution

Thanks for the update @quinn1701@NeilO is back in the office again tomorrow and will be in touch on his return.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
quinn1701
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 23

Go to solution

Neil kindly arranged to send me a Smarthub which arrived Saturday morning. There has been a couple of drops but I'm not entirely sure this isn't down to DLM or the firmware being upgraded on the unit which seems to have happened twice.

Maximum data rates: 12716 / 54894 - the upload is actually higher than what I had on the older HH5A, download is broadly the same. Current data rate: 10.00 Mbps / 44.00 Mbps, the upload here is about the same as I've always had, but the download is circa 10Mbps slower than before my trouble started. I'm hoping the line hasn't been banded, but will need to wait and see if DLM will alter this over the coming days if it is able to detect the change in hub.

0 Ratings
quinn1701
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 23

Go to solution

Well I had uptime of over 7.5 days, no real change and UL/DL speeds are still the same. Fingers crossed it'll stay up for another week or so at least so DLM can relent as line was always rock solid before.

0 Ratings
quinn1701
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 23

Go to solution

Connection has dropped twice since my last post, no change in UL/DL speeds, so I'm still stuck with an issue. Oddly SmartHub isn't displaying all the stats since it was last reset. Connection UL/DL showing below sync and BTW test showing slower than connection speed (and what I should be getting) by a little, but not sure if this is overhead related as the difference is only 6.21%.

0 Ratings