cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brianflack
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

LIMITS ON NUMBERS IN EMAIL GROUP

Is there a limit on the number of email addresses I can include in one group? For years I have been sending a quarterly email with one or maybe two enclosures to 50+ recipients in one group. No one has complained but is it possible that some of the 50 see my email as Spam or are blocked by their provider from getting it? 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: LIMITS ON NUMBERS IN EMAIL GROUP

I thought is was 100 but may have changed.

your need to ask the recipients of your email whether they receive your email and if so is in spam folder.  this surely is to to with their computer setting and nothing to do with your email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
DRW44
Message 3 of 5

I have just had my previous apparently unlimited number of recipients in any one mailing reduced to 25!  I'm an editor of a local car club and send out just over 100 newsletters as attachments to members each month plus the usual couple of round robins.  This change is entirely understandable in trying to reduce spam but I had hoped that I could contact BT and get a local exception - no chance.  And it's even worse as the limit is 25 PER HOUR!  I can't even split my group address list into chunks of 25 and press Send.  A limit of 25 is taking anti-spamming too far as spammers operate in the millions. 

0 Ratings
duncan10
Expert
Message 4 of 5

You are not alone others have complained on this site. This seems to be BT new official policy[unless someone knows better] and many are now complaining. It might be related to spam or change-over to the new CP email service but it looks like thats the way its going to be on BTs residential email service.

0 Ratings
Oliver341
Expert
Message 5 of 5

Maximum number of email recipients is 50 (inclusive).

Oliver.
0 Ratings