cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

LINE RESTRICTION

I've been advised by BT that my line will be restricted if payment hasn't cleared by 24th Jan. I can pay it in full when i get paid on the 25th but they said they won't defer till then. If my line is restricted does that mean I won't be able to use broadband as well as make calls, or does it mean the line will be disconnected completely?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: LINE RESTRICTION

Welcome to this customer to customer forum.

Outgoing calls will normally be barred, and you will get a web page saying your Internet service has been suspended.

This is to stop people making outgoing calls over the Internet.

If you need help with billing.

If you would like to try Live Chat they may be able to help you.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

Can't you pay by credit card or borrow the money for a couple of days? Otherwise you'll be liable for a late payment penalty and probably a further charge to reconnect your services. This is from the BT Code of Practice:

Capture.JPG

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 5

Isn't it fascinating how often we see this disconnect between BT's final payment date and people's actual paydays ?  I avoid this by paying my bill out of LAST month's money - it's a pain first time around,  but with a "please pay by" date of the 20th it's the only way !!

0 Ratings
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

I am sure your bank will be more than happy to pay the bill, you can get an overdraft facility which is free.

0 Ratings