Re: LINKSYS MWP600N - slow connection on INFINITY

See Network connections

Powerline example there.

0 Ratings
Andriuu
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 14

I borrow from my friend Powerline adapters, so tomorrow I should try it... Please tell me : can I plug them in to the extension lead ?? because my modem and router in 10cm up from main socket on the shelf and its impossible to plug in powerline, I have to use extension...
0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 14

@Andriuu wrote:
I borrow from my friend Powerline adapters, so tomorrow I should try it... Please tell me : can I plug them in to the extension lead ?? because my modem and router in 10cm up from main socket on the shelf and its impossible to plug in powerline, I have to use extension...

Provided its not one of those surge protected and filtered extensions. Your short lead will be no problem.

If it fixes the speed problem, its not expensive to buy a pair.

0 Ratings
Andriuu
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 14

Ok I tested I think last time...

1. I connected router D-LINK DIR-615 to HH3 as AP and I tried connection speed. It was even worse than on HH3... So I leaved this option 😜

2. I tried Powerline COMTREND 9020, connection speed on speedtest.net was almost the same. But real speed start all the time from 1.80 MB/s to 3.40 MB/s. I have a little bid worse connection on wireless (1 MB/s - 3 MB/s).

I am thinking that I will leave it like it is...

edit.

ech I spoke with my parent on skype and few times it has been disconected.... ;/

0 Ratings