cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rapidz
Message 1 of 6

LOL rockin 0.2 megz

ye idk what has happened lol it takes me like 5 minutes to load about 30 seconds of a youtube vid I guess BT capped me even tho I'm unlimited. Im never below 8 megs always 15/14.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
NilSatisOptimum
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: LOL rockin 0.2 megz

Hi welcome to the forums,

The forums are customer to customer in the first instance, Only the mods (BT) will ask for personal information through a email link. Would you mind posting your Hub stats & BT speed test results this will help all with diagnosis-

To post the full stats from your router
for home hub - 192.168.1.254
Navigate to ADSL Settings or use the A-Z at the top right
Click on More Details and then post the results.
Run BT speed tester and post the results from http://speedtester.bt.com/

If possible it would be best to connect to the BT master socket remove the front plate if possisble and connect to socket this will rule out any telephone/broadband extension wiring also consider the housing of the hub/router as anything electrical can cause problems as these are your responsibility, if these are found to be the case Openreach (engineer) will charge BT Broadband, which will be passed onto you, around £130.00.

Noisy line! When making telephone calls, if so this is not good for your broadband, you can check-

Quite line test dial 17070 option 2 and listen - should hear nothing best done with old type analogue phone digital (dect) will do but may have slight hiss If you hear noise- crackling pops etc, report it as a noisy line on your phone, don’t mention broadband, Bt Faults on 151.

Mortgage Advisor 2000-2008
Green Energy Advisor 2008-2010
Charity Health Care Provider Advisor 2010-
I'm alright Jack....
0 Ratings
Rapidz
Message 3 of 6

Line state Connected
Connection time 0 days, 0:10:18
Downstream 18,167 Kbps
Upstream 1,195 Kbps
ADSL settings
VPI/VCI 0/38
Type PPPoA
Modulation ITU-T G.992.5
Latency type Interleaved
Noise margin (Down/Up) 3.3 dB / 6.0 dB
Line attenuation (Down/Up) 22.0 dB / 6.4 dB
Output power (Down/Up) 0.0 dBm / 12.6 dBm
Loss of Framing (Local) 5
Loss of Signal (Local) 5
Loss of Power (Local) 0
FEC Errors (Down/Up) 49465 / 0
CRC Errors (Down/Up) 10 / N/A
HEC Errors (Down/Up) N/A / 0
Error Seconds (Local) 1

Ye loss of signal? It's not snowing I dont think.. Guess I'll have to phone up tomorrow for them to remove the cap again.
0 Ratings
Rapidz
Message 4 of 6

back to 8 megz looks like optimum scared the lag away

0 Ratings
Highlighted
gouledw
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 6

If you can please post the results from the BT speed tester which includes your IP profile we can see exactly what the problem is. I suspect it is a capacity issue which is causing yours and others connection on the exchange to be slow during peak hours 5pm - midnight.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Hi two things
1 please post the full results of the BT speed test as this test gives us more information about your connection
And 2 try and maintain a stable connection of your hub without any restarts this will give your connection the best chance of stabilising
0 Ratings