cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ViPz
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

LOW SOUND - CAN BARELY HEAR ANYTHING

Over the past 6 years we have purchased 3 different sets of BT branded landline cordless phones.

The problem is always the same - the volume just doesnt go high enough!!!

We can barely hear the person on the other side of the phone unless we hold the phone pressed right against our ears...

The way we use them now is to have the loudspeaker on the handset switched on but then that causes the other side to hear too much background noise...

Have other people had these problems?  It seems to be a problem with most BT cordless handsets as when i have tried the old style corded phones, everything seems loud and clear....

Im only 30yo with perfect hearing, but my folks are a bit older and have trouble hearing conversations due to the phones being so bloomin quiet!!!

Some feedback from others with same/similiar problems... or even solutions if you have any???

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 5

Re: LOW SOUND - CAN BARELY HEAR ANYTHING

Have you tried the phone direct into the main phone socket in the premises

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
PheeragHfre
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 5

I'm not sure but you might find some of the information in this link useful?

http://www.btplc.com/inclusion/BTproducts/Whichphone/hearing.htm

"I have this awful feeling someone is watching every move I make (one of my pet hates is router location tagging)." Marvin (A paranoid Android)
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Mine is in main socket and volume still very low and almost unusable.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

BT should be able to adjust the line gain on the exchange line card, at least they used to be able to. It could even be a faulty card.

Have you reported it as a fault?, they should be able to get someone to do a transmission test for you.
0 Ratings