Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cameron1590
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 20

Re: LOst BT hub details

Hi,

As it seems you need this serial number which in my personal experience have never needed to reset the password I suggest you contact BT CS if no luck please post back and one of the forum members will push it on to the mods

Regards

Cameron

0 Ratings
ironman123
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 20

But surely if a factory reset is done then it should clear all data including the old PW.

Then it should be easy to just start from scratch.?

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 13 of 20

@cameron1590 wrote:
Hi,

As it seems you need this serial number which in my personal experience have never needed to reset the password I suggest you contact BT CS if no luck please post back and one of the forum members will push it on to the mods

Regards

Cameron

Not quite right but good advice. The OP would need to contact the mods him/herself. The link is below for them to use.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 14 of 20

@ironman123 wrote:

But surely if a factory reset is done then it should clear all data including the old PW.

Then it should be easy to just start from scratch.?

Agreed, I've never known a router that needs a serial number to be entered.

Normally by defaulf (after factory re-set) it will be something simple like e.g. user name -admin password -user or something along those lines. I'm not a BT customer now so can't check out a HH3.

0 Ratings
ryant704
Guru
Message 15 of 20

He isn't setting the password, he has already done that. He has then forgot the password that he set, you can select the override if you have forgot this password to change it again. This requires the default password and the serial code from the hub, which is found on the bottom. This won't reset the hub, just change the password so he can access it again. You can do this if you have a lot of settings in the hub, though I would advise backing up in future.

If this helped you please click the Star beside my name.

If this answered your question please click "Mark as Accepted Solution" below.
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 16 of 20

I see where you're coming from Ryan. I'd just ditch the Hub and use my own router as I did when I was with BT. I've never used ISP's supplied routers.

0 Ratings
DS
Distinguished Guru
Message 17 of 20

@davidcollett5 wrote:

hi thanks yes it does but it only has 

Network SSID, Wireless key, Wireless WPS pin and admin password 

david

I assume you're using a hub 3.

If you factory reset the hub (red recessed button), all you'll need to know is the admin password.....:|

All settings will be lost, but you can then change the other settings to suit.

You'll then get a prompt to change this to another one when you then access the hub manager.

If you're using the overide facility, then:

Click the ‘Password Override’ button to guide you through this process.  You will need to know your wireless key and the serial number of your BT Home Hub, both of which you can find on the label on the underside of your BT Home Hub.

Please note that when directed to press the Wireless WPS button for Password override, you will need to hold it down for around 20 seconds until the lights on the front of the BT Home Hub are flashing blue.  This will put the BT Home Hub into password override mode where it will remain for 2 minutes.

When asked to enter your serial number during the password override process, you will need to enter the complete serial number, including any non-numeric characters, like “+” for example.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 18 of 20

Oh DISTINGUISHED GURU, you no read the OP's post

The serial number of the hub is LOST!!!!

0 Ratings
davidcollett5
Beginner
Message 19 of 20

Thanks for the info guys im going to try the pin hole reset and hope it dont ask for anything not on the pull out black tab

And just to confirm there was never a sticker on the hub, the engineer changed it when he set up bt infinity but the original one had some fault so he came back and just plugged in another one so maybe we just got one he had in the van from somewhere else tho it works fine has never had a sticker on 🙂

Ill report back if i still have internet in a bit! haha 

0 Ratings
DS
Distinguished Guru
Message 20 of 20

@pippincp wrote:

Oh DISTINGUISHED GURU, you no read the OP's post

The serial number of the hub is LOST!!!!

But that is why I wrote about the reset first Expert:p

And the bit about the password overide is actually a direct copy from the help files retained on the hub itself, that I posted as a just in case. Also note that the serial number is also on the box that the hubs come in;)

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings