Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ruraluser
Contributor
Message 41 of 54

Re: Lack of Communication and time taken to fix a fault

Go to solution

Thanks for that, I hope your phone remains fixed!!!

It is now 20th and Openreach are due to come and start work, but no sign of anyone at the moment. Mind you, it is only 8:45, so perhaps they haven't started leaving the depot yet. I have no great hopes of anyone coming out to fix the phone before the new year. We did try to pay our phone bill yesterday, but were unable to do so , as we get such lousy mobile reception here, and of course, have no landline!!!!

0 Ratings
ruraluser
Contributor
Message 42 of 54

Go to solution

Have just taken a quick stroll down the road to where the line repairs were supposed to be carried out yesterday. No sign of any work having been done, and still no phone service. Christmas Eve will make it 6 weeks since the line went down. I have still not received ANY emails from BT(apart from the mods on this forum) to let me know what is happening. My broadband is so slow that it's quicker to send a letter than try to send emails. we can't pay our phone bill because of the lousy mobile phone reception we get here, and the only info I am getting is via our parish council. PLEASE can someone let me know what is happening?

0 Ratings
ruraluser
Contributor
Message 43 of 54

Go to solution

Still no sign of any work being carried out - and I don't suppose we'll see any action now until well into the new year. I was wrong in saying nothing had happened on monday. I spoke to a neighbour who said that the men from LUX who provide the temporary traffic lights had arrived at 8:30 on Monday. He waited in his van for about 3 hours. When my neighbour went out, he was asked if he knew when openreach were due to be here, but obviously he didn't. In the end the man went away. Hopefully LUX will bill BT for the full cost of a day wasted for their emplyee. When will this sorry saga come to an end?

0 Ratings
ruraluser
Contributor
Message 44 of 54

Go to solution

Received an email today saying that the tree surgeons had been unable to lop the trees on monday because of the snow on the trees. Three questions 1) where dd the snow come from? We were completely clear here on monday until 4pm when it started snowing - nothing in the trees at all. 2) why did that not stop the tree surgeons working less than 200 yards down the road, who were felling 3 dangerous trees? 3) why were openreach, or anyone else for that matter, not seen at the site? I have been informed that the property owner is going to inform openreach when the snow is clear enough for them to lop the trees. That'll be good - he's away for almost all of January!!!

0 Ratings
ruraluser
Contributor
Message 45 of 54

Go to solution

Well, now 28th December - without a landline since 12th November - 46 days!! Interestingly the fault report on bt.com still shows an estimated completion date of 17th November, and I have received no communication from bt (other than the mods) since my initial complaint. My neighbour's phone is still out too, but we appear to be very unimportant to BT and openreach. A tip - if you need a phone, go elsewhere. If you want customer service, don't look to BT to provide it.

0 Ratings
ruraluser
Contributor
Message 46 of 54

Go to solution

I received an email from the mods on this forum yesterday, saying that the ;andowner needed to contact Openreach and let them know the snow had gone from the trees. I informed them that, as he was away, this was not going to happen. I asked that they would take my word for it that the snow had gone (and had been gone since 21st December). Today I received a further email saying that Openreach had told the mods that the work could not go ahead because the local council would not allow them to carry out any works until 4th January 2011. I took the liberty of contacting the local council myself to see what the problem was. They confirmed that there was no way the road would be closed prior to 4th Jan - not because they were refusing to allow it, but because Openreach had not contacted them! In fact, they were unaware that the planned road closure had not gone ahead on 20th December, as authorised. It seems that, because Openreach have not been in touch with them since before 16th December, it is now unlikely that the work will be completed before 14th January - this will be Openreach's fault and no responsibilty of the council, who have been most helpful. in their words - 'Can't understand why BT just don't want to get this sorted'. I concur with this sentiment, particularly in view of the fact that, according to an ex-employee of Openreach, they have been aware that this problem was likely to happen for at least 5 years!!!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
angdown
Beginner
Message 47 of 54

Go to solution

Reading all the comments makes me understand that it is time for BT to get their act together and provide the service that people want and pay for!  I feel for you and hope that you get it all resolved. Otello recommended sending a letter and giving them 10 days to rectify the fault and then to contact them. I have done this and hope to have a phone line soon (have been waiting since August 2010). 

So glad you are speaking out and not letting them get away with it.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
ruraluser
Contributor
Message 48 of 54

Go to solution

Well, I'm disappointed but not surprised to have received no response at all to my email to BT or my posting on this forum. I think that really sums up the attitude of BT - if someone has a problem, ignore them. If they try to help, ignore them. If they point out an error, ignore them. It is now over 7 weeks since we lost our landline. How many unprompted emails have i received from BT in that time? One. How often has our fault report been updated? Once. Come on, BT - make a New Year resolution to actually help your customers. If you were a supermarket, you'd go bust in no time, because customers would simply go elsewhere. I WILL be going elsewhere for my phone and broadband once this is sorted out, but unfortunatley will still be dependent on Openreach for cable repairs etc as there is no choice for that. (incidentally you're losing more than one customer here - my father is moving to another phone/broadband supplier because he can get cheaper calls to my mobile, and my daughter is changing her business phone supplier too)

0 Ratings
ruraluser
Contributor
Message 49 of 54

Go to solution

Took a punt and emailed Ian Livingston, CEO of BT this afternoon. the result? An email in reply within 15 minutes, and calls from both BT and openreach promising to expedite this. Plus an email from Openreach with direct contact numbers for the people who will be managing the case. Progress? i hope so, it's certainly 100% more of a response than I have received to date!!

0 Ratings
ruraluser
Contributor
Message 50 of 54

Go to solution

Well, emailing the CEO certainly seems to have had an effect. I emailed on Monday, on Tuesday Openreach obtained an emergency road closure order from the local authority. On Wednesday the first trees were cut. On Thursday some more were dealt with, and in the evening, our line came back on!!!! Great work, Mr Livingston, thank you very much for all your help!

0 Ratings