Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ruraluser
Contributor
Message 1 of 54

Lack of Communication and time taken to fix a fault

Go to solution

I reported a fault with my telephone line on Friday 12th November using the online reporting facility. An engineer called round on Sunday and said it was not possible to fix the fault. Despite my regular emails, i have only had automatic replies. I have called BT twice (Monday and Friday) to try to find out what is happening. I was told on Friday that a second survey would be taking place and Tuesday 23rd to establish the cause of the problem.

I live in a rural area. We do not have mobile phone coverage where I live, and so I have to drive over a mile to park at the side of a country lane to call my father, who is elderly and very unwell. He is having to call me on my mobile, causing him extra expense.

I work in a school, and yet BT seem amazed to discover that I cannot sit at a phone for 15 minutes plus whilst they try to find answers for me and, despite saying they will email me, I have only received one response.

I now discover it could take over 6 weeks from the date of the second survey to make a repair. Great!! Daughter's birthday, Christmas, New Year and no way of contacting friends and family.

Sorry for the rant, but It is incredibly frustrating to not be receiving answers.

0 Ratings
53 REPLIES 53
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 2 of 54

Re: Lack of Communication and time taken to fix a fault

Go to solution
Hi ruraluser,

Welcome to the forum. Sorry to hear of the problems you're having with this line fault.

If you can send in an email with your forum username and your BT account details I'll see what we can do to help. You can find our forum mod email address by clicking on my username (it'll be under "about me" on my profile page).

Thanks,

Stephanie
Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
baran
Beginner
Message 3 of 54

Go to solution

I can only sympathise. BT supposedly reconnected my phone last monday. I was assured by email this had been done. In reality I have no connection, no dialing tone, no incoming calls, no nothing. They are now treating it as a fault. 

However, I have the same problem regarding emails; after the ones saying I was reconnected, subsequent ones illicit no reply bar from the automated one. I've no idea where I stand, what is going on. I've never had any problems with BT before, but now feel I'm in limbo. 

Like you I live in a rural area and mobile coverage is not great. Therefore emails seemed the best way of keeping in touch. In practice, this seems to have been a false hope. Luckily my broadband is still reasonably okay, though yesterday it kept dropping every 30 seconds or so and I gave up on it. Today, so far, it's slightly better, so have been able to post this.

Like you, I find the whole situation to be incredibly frustrating. I feel like I'm getting nowhere fast.

0 Ratings
Joeskeppi
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 54

Go to solution
I've had no phone for 10 days as well, someone came to dig the road up today an the filled the hole back in before any engineer came, I dread to think what I'm going to hear next time I phone for progress
0 Ratings
ruraluser
Contributor
Message 5 of 54

Go to solution

If it's anything like my experience, you'll  know more already than the people at Bt do!!!

0 Ratings
ruraluser
Contributor
Message 6 of 54

Go to solution

Well, I have received an email, but in it they say they 'were unable to contact me on my mobile number' Surprise, surprise. I have already said that we do not get mobile coverage here. The email also says that the fault is affecting others in the area but, despite extensive enquiries amongst those living nearby, i have found no-one with a fault on their line.

The email response, incidentally, came in response to an email I sent via the 'contact us' section and not in response to the moderator on this forum - over 48 hours and still waiting to hear from them!!

0 Ratings
ruraluser
Contributor
Message 7 of 54

Go to solution

Now 72 hours plus and still no response from the forum moderators. in addition, the neighbour's phone has now gone down!

0 Ratings
ruraluser
Contributor
Message 8 of 54

Go to solution

Well, I was assured on Monday that there would be a survey carried out on tuesday and that I would be emailed on wednesday to let me know the result of the survey and give me an estimated repair time. Nope. Nada. Nothing. So, i have just telephoned BT from work. They cannot answer my phone query, because I have opted to be emailed. But they are not emailing me. It's now been 14 days without landline access and no indication of when it might be repaired. I am thoroughly fed up with the lack of response or indeed interest from BT. they appear to think that they can tell you they'll do something, just to keep you quiet, and then not do it and hope you've forgotten.

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 9 of 54

Go to solution

Hi ruraluser,

Have you tried emailing in to the Mod team as StephanieG suggested?  I have had a look through out queue but cant see anything there from you.

we'll be happy get a handle on this and let you know whats going.

Send me in an email please with your BT account and telephone number along with a link back to this thread.

Just send to the email address in my profile and mark FAO Craig please.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
ruraluser
Contributor
Message 10 of 54

Go to solution

Yes, I did email the moderators - on Saturday 20th with all my details. I will email you again now.

0 Ratings