cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
safecontractor
Contributor
Message 1 of 25

Lack of Email.. Lack of BT support.. Numerous Board Complaints

I can only express my amazement at the astonishing number of people experiencing both appalling support and incoherent BT answers to what currently appears to be an epidemic of BT mail failure.

There are numerous threads, mine being on "Locked out of email - loop "

I apparently have done the wrong thing in allowing "India" to install a new email address for me, I have been told that I should have demanded restoration of my "old" email address ( which I was told wasn't going to happen ) ... however I currently am back on line, whereas others are not, even after considerable delays, waiting and lack of action.... but judging by some "posters", I could be well due for another failure.

BT do not seem to be recognising, or doing anything about, this problem......and this situation is just plain crackers !!!

Is it not time for all those people to register in one central point ( here?) and simply state " I do not have service " ...?? and for BT to do something ... or ... as one "poster" suggests ...."Ombudsman" ?? .. or for the Moderators to take this to BT for immediate, imperative and consistent action... acting for one voice??

If not .... what's the answer ..... where do we go ????

Safecontracto

0 Ratings
24 REPLIES 24
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 25

Re: Lack of Email.. Lack of BT support.. Numerous Board Complaints

Of course you should have demanded restoration of your email address, anything else is not a solution.

Have you actually been in contact with the mods via the form when it was offered to you? Until you do that, nothing further will happen with your problem.

If all you wanted was any email address rather than your old one, just create a gmail or outlook address and don't involve BT at all.

0 Ratings
Vicario
Contributor
Message 3 of 25

BT support is fine if you are patient.  I did Online Chat, followed by a phone call from India as promised which got me in via Yahoo mail, followed by action from the mods on here which restored my log in via the BT email icon on MyBT.  All I would add is that for a number of posters, like me, the problem began shortly after changing something on MyBT - in my case my telephone call plan.  Someone else changed his broadband plan etc.  On MyBT my bill and services are now all wrong or non-existent but the mods are looking into that and I trust them. (See post on 'bills and services' forum for more info.)

0 Ratings
johnpeac
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 25

You have to be extremely patient - which is very difficult sometimes !

I have just found out that despite the level 2 team saying they had submitted my missing email account (account "suspended as compromised") to the tech team last Friday and again on Wednesday, it hasn't actually been submitted due to a "technical glitch".

They say they have now submitted it today but I don't have much faith !

Edit:- Must add to this that the mods seem to be very good and proactive in trying to help, but once you have a case in progress it's difficult for them to intervene as then the current situation can just get more confused.

0 Ratings
4woodend
Contributor
Message 5 of 25

Now more than 8 days since BT notified of problem with BT email no solution is in sight.   Usual litany of false info, failed call- backs and inaction.    Of course the customer care is completely absent - but I just want my email accounts restored but who cares?

0 Ratings
SteveD3
Contributor
Message 6 of 25

BT tech support is 100% first rate on INDIVIDUAL problems, but it is utterly incapable of dealing wirh ANY Recurring problems. My being locked out of my E mail and BT YAHOO demanding I change my password has been going on for at least three years, and EVERY time they apologise, fix the fault, then close the complaint then within 10 days it happens again.   I have spoken with three levels of BT technicians in India and the UK,  The lovely ladies in the Customer Complaints centre at least three times, even on this forum . BT tech promised to get back to me over 2 years ago, never heard from them again.

The phone techies told me to REMOVE Microsoft office from my PC as its incompatable, Remove my E mail from my Mobile phone as they then blaimed that, Then remove Windows LIVE MAIL from my PC as they then blaimed that. they EVEN told me to remove BT.COM from my PC and only use the BT Yahoo set up, which I duly did, the techies closed the complaint, then next day I goes to BT Yahoo and it redirects me BACK to BT.COm  and of course locks me out again. They have taken remote control of my PC on numerous occasions, fixed it ( sometimes taking 90 minutes) closed the complaintb and days later its locked me out again.

My Live Mail, G Mail, Hot Mail and other E mail accounts with other companies have worked flawlessly for over 5 years.

NOW these people phone me twice a day saying " We apologise , we want to take remore control of your PC and fix it so it wont happen again" but Now I dont trust them I KNOW they are lying.

ALL that BT want to do is get the fault complaint closed ASAP and ignore the misery they inflict on their long term customers.

0 Ratings
SteveD3
Contributor
Message 7 of 25

If not .... what's the answer ..... where do we go ????

Safecontracto

May I suggest multiple or block complaints to the Ombusman and BBC Watch Dog.
0 Ratings
klacey
Beginner
Message 8 of 25

I have had all my email beforebefore 27 May destroyed. Ombudsman complaint certain.I will be leaving BT.
0 Ratings
klacey
Beginner
Message 9 of 25

Try posting on twitter @btcare so it is public. I did finally get a call back this way. I will set up a Facebook Group for BT victims.
0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 10 of 25

Hi @klacey,

Thanks for PMing me. I'm happy the BT Care team were able to get this picked up for you. They'll help you as much as possible.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings