cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
4woodend
Contributor
Message 21 of 25

Re: Lack of Email.. Lack of BT support.. Numerous Board Complaints

Looking at some of the threads over the last few months it is clear that this is not new problem but a recurring issue - and one that has not been effectively managed by  BT.   Mods and distinguished sages have also been aware of the problem and have chosen for whatever reason not to make new victims aware of the BT runaround they are likely to face.   Rather than worrying about managing the minutiae of threads, perhaps we should all make our entirely reasonable concerns known to BT management.   Individually we can achieve little as is evident from the forum but together with mods and even distinguished sages, BT would be likely to pay some attention.   The current situation is clearly unsatisfactory

0 Ratings
SteveMx777
Beginner
Message 22 of 25

Hi, like many other people I am having email problems which BT appear not to be able to deal with. I have had no email for nearly 2 weeks. When I get a call back that person is unable to deal with the issue and passes it up the line. On Friday I had a call in which they said I could access my email from My BT. The password worked, but there was nothing there, all email history had disappeared. Now awaiting another call scheduled for Tuesday as they don't work at the weekend and there is a holiday!!! Do BT not run a 24/7 support service for their IT? In most companies I have worked in, especially high level ones, there is 24/7 support. Also the password which allows me to access the non-existant email page on My BT is not recognised by my Live Mail. I've set up another email account elsewhere and as soon as I get my BT one back and can access those emails I've been unable to access I'm going to archive all previous ones and close it, plus a letter of complaint to the Chief Exec. Also, apologies to the person I shouted at on the phone to the call centre today, I know it's not their fault, but this is trying my patience.

0 Ratings
safecontractor
Contributor
Message 23 of 25

Hello again to all our contributors on this, and other threads, all complaining, with more than justification, about a situation I have been through and apparently had wrongly rectified.... but at least I'm on line with email service.....I just don't know how and why other peopke are putting up with this ...!!

My original post here was not really to have yet more examples of appalling service being listed, but to establish what can be done.

So far it appears that repeated attempts and complaints to moderators etc., have not proved instrumental in resolving this widespread problem caused by BT, evidenced by numerous threads and complaints.... although I don't have any answers, it's obvious that BT are totally ignoring this situation and my original point was trying to find out where constructive action can be taken.

Does anyone have contacts / addresses / tel nos / email addresses ( sorry !! ) where this ball can start rolling .. I think it's pretty obvious that the Ombudsman is not really relevant, as BT haven't provided any defence ( have they got one  ??).

The current actions / complaints /"repairs" / are just not achieving anything.

Safecontractor

0 Ratings
ackers55
Beginner
Message 24 of 25

We're in the same boat,my wife is curruntely on the phone (I had to pass it to her as after speaking  to 7different departments in 2 hours I'd had enough). All we want to do is access our email account,you know, the"service" we're paying for.

PLEASE  PLEASE  PLEASE can someone help?

@safecontractor wrote:

I can only express my amazement at the astonishing number of people experiencing both appalling support and incoherent BT answers to what currently appears to be an epidemic of BT mail failure.

There are numerous threads, mine being on "Locked out of email - loop "

I apparently have done the wrong thing in allowing "India" to install a new email address for me, I have been told that I should have demanded restoration of my "old" email address ( which I was told wasn't going to happen ) ... however I currently am back on line, whereas others are not, even after considerable delays, waiting and lack of action.... but judging by some "posters", I could be well due for another failure.

BT do not seem to be recognising, or doing anything about, this problem......and this situation is just plain crackers !!!

Is it not time for all those people to register in one central point ( here?) and simply state " I do not have service " ...?? and for BT to do something ... or ... as one "poster" suggests ...."Ombudsman" ?? .. or for the Moderators to take this to BT for immediate, imperative and consistent action... acting for one voice??

If not .... what's the answer ..... where do we go ????

Safecontracto

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 25 of 25

Hi @ackers55,

You can get in touch with us by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods. It'll take us a few days to investigate it but we will be in touch.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings