cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Noura
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Lack of intelligent assistance when a fault is reported

My elderly neighbour lives alone (her dog died yesterday to make things worse).  Her phone stopped working on Monday and since then she has been housebound without any form of means of contact whatsoever.   No mobile works at her cottage as it is deep within Ashdown Forest and therefore she has no way of seeking help, advice etc.   In order to call BT Faultline she borrowed my phone and they undertook to mend the fault within 4 days.  FOUR days!!!!!!!   In the meantime she is stuck unable to order shopping, speak to a frend, relative, hospital or doctor.   Can't BT grasp the difficulty involved for her and just fob her off.  Day 4 has arrived and so far no repair has been made to the phone.  Have BT no way of putting vulnerable and elderly people to the top of the queue or even using common sense?  Their profits should allow them to ocasionally make an exception and a human being help her rather than an automated dalek.   They should have a special emergency line for people like her who are cut off with a fault on the line.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lack of intelligent assistance when a fault is reported

I have flagged your post to a mod but complete this link anyway

contact mods

can take up to 3 working days for mods to contact you

this is a community forum where customers help customers - your post does not go direct to BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
CraigS
Moderator-Retired
Message 3 of 4

Hi Noura,

I'll be happy to look into this if you can fill out an email form on your neighbours behalf please?

Use the 'contact us' form in my forum profile under the 'about me' section. You can find it by clicking on my username.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
john46
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

this link may help your neighbour Bt do offer a priority faults service http://www.bt.com/includingyou/other-products-services-other-services.html
0 Ratings